Mar 12, 2006, 06:39 AM
Team FlightPower AUS
Thread OP
Build Log

Das Ugl-E-Stik - Free Plans

In this thread I'll post the build sequence for my version of the Ugly Stik.

This is not my design merely an adaption that I did of the famous Das Ugly Stik designed by Phil Kraft.

Tiled A4 Plans are attached. Tiled Letter plans to follow shortly.

This is a 1metre wingspan model constructed of 6mm Depron and designed for the Hyperion 3007/26.

See the thread Das Ugl-E-Stik for more pics.
Last edited by pmjass; Mar 24, 2006 at 08:03 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Mar 12, 2006, 06:50 AM
Team FlightPower AUS
Thread OP
Printing and taping together pages.
Use page outlines a guide for overlaps.
Mar 12, 2006, 06:55 AM
Team FlightPower AUS
Thread OP
Tiled Letter plans
Last edited by pmjass; Mar 16, 2006 at 02:48 AM.
Mar 12, 2006, 09:42 AM
AMA 667982 KG7NKY WRPN876
Great job on the plans. Nice job. I'm looking forward to this build with baited breath. I love it when someone else takes an existing design and creates something better. I'm off to clear the work bench!!
Mar 12, 2006, 11:45 AM
It's a beautiful ugly

Maybe you can post the full size PDF?
Mar 12, 2006, 01:18 PM
I used to be all thumbs...
I've been watching this one since you first posted it. I have the original ugly stick (never flown) and am excited about building it's "little brother". Maybe if I build this one, it will motivate me to fly the full size one.
Mar 12, 2006, 06:32 PM
Team FlightPower AUS
Thread OP
Glad y'all like the plans. We have a holiday here in Melbourne so I'll get building and posting pics.

You may have noticed from the plans that the construction is all tabbed and the top and bottom sheets are oversize. This allows for a complete build
in almost one go (The forward top deck is put on as a separate step).
once its all dry the excess is easily trimmed back with a knife and then sandpaper to finish.
Mar 12, 2006, 06:33 PM
Team FlightPower AUS
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cubber
It's a beautiful ugly

Maybe you can post the full size PDF?
I'll try, what page size would you like?
Mar 12, 2006, 07:41 PM
Team FlightPower AUS
Thread OP
Paper templates rough cut and stuck to cardboard with 3M Super 77.
the cardboard is just thick poster board so it is easy to cut.
My vernier says that the cardboard I am using is 0.025"
I use a hot-wire for cutting. That is why I make cardboard templates first. The pieces are designed so that there aren't too many inside cuts. This is also why the tab slots have leads-ins. If you are not using a hot wire cutter then do not worry about cutting the leadins.

The servo cutouts are the right sixe for Waypoint 84 Servo's. Do not forget to adjust the size for the servos you are using.
Mar 12, 2006, 07:44 PM
Well I am asking not for myself but for other possible builders. I have no problem re-scaling even tiled pdf's with RastaPrint (about which there are at least 2 users following this thread), but still, it's easier with a full size PDF (not tiled).
Mar 12, 2006, 09:34 PM
Team FlightPower AUS
Thread OP
Will a single letter size pdf full plan (With scale) be OK?
I can also do a .dxf or .dwg.
Mar 12, 2006, 09:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmjass
Will a single letter size pdf full plan (With scale) be OK?
I can also do a .dxf or .dwg.
Full size if you can (not letter). A single (40x30 inch or thereabout) sheet/page. That's icing on the cake, you plan is fine already, but a full size sheet is easier to rescale, print or work with.

Thanks.

Edit... re-reading your message, yes, a full plan, all on a single letter size page will enlarge just as good. I have many such 8.5x11 pdf plans and they print the same, when enlarged, than already scaled ones.
Last edited by Cubber; Mar 12, 2006 at 09:59 PM.
Mar 12, 2006, 09:47 PM
Team FlightPower AUS
Thread OP
After cutting out some templates I found a minor mistake in the tailplane piece. I have amended the drawings and reposted them in the zip files.

For those who had already downloaded here are the new pages.
Mar 12, 2006, 09:54 PM
Team FlightPower AUS
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cubber
Full size if you can (not letter). A single (40x30 inch or thereabout) sheet/page. That's icing on the cake, you plan is fine already, but a full size sheet is easier to rescale, print or work with.

Thanks.
I'm using Acrobat Distiller and AutoCAD Light 2000. After playing around a little it looks like the biggest size I can do is A3. I wasn't able to find a way to set a custom page size.

If anybody knows how to do this I would certainly appreciated the help.
Mar 12, 2006, 10:03 PM
Am sorry, I did not quite get the meaning of your message reading it the first time (see edit). Yes, the full plan all on a single 8.5x11 sheet (or any size for that matter, but all on a single sheet) would be wonderful. Thanks again.

Quick Reply