The SKY FLY FLIES!!!! - RC Groups
Mar 08, 2006, 09:18 PM
Private Pilot
Discussion

The SKY FLY FLIES!!!!

I bought my dad a good trainer plane called the SKY FLY. It was a bit windy today, but we did it anyway. It is a very stable plane, however it turns only under power due to it's small control surfaces. I had to take the controller from him a few times in order to get it under control and on the ground. She is a great beginer plane. AND IT ONLY COSTS 100$!!!!!!
to remove ads between posts
Mar 08, 2006, 09:29 PM
Senior User
That's good to know. Yet more competition for the T-Hawk.

Edit: If it's anything like the T-Hawk, it looks a lot better in the air than on the ground or in photos.
Last edited by Jeremy Z; Mar 12, 2006 at 01:50 AM.
Mar 09, 2006, 07:47 AM
IWC
IWC
Could you tell us about how the plane is constructed?
Mar 11, 2006, 04:25 PM
Private Pilot
Basically, just put the wing on, and put on the rubber bands and wheels. Its easy. My dad did his first solo today and he did great. IT IS A PERFECT INTRO FOR BEGINER FLYERS!!!!!
Mar 12, 2006, 06:44 PM
Private Pilot
My dad did his first 4 landings today. It was a bit of drizzle. But NO wind. He did awsome. THIS IS A PERFECT INTRO PLANE FOR BEGINER FLYERS!!!!!
Mar 12, 2006, 10:58 PM
hmm where can i take a look at this plane? got a link?
Mar 13, 2006, 07:51 AM
Private Pilot
http://www.redrockethobbies.com/Hobb...p/hcaa1961.htm

this is the first link i could find. Just search google "sky fly plane" or "rc airplane sky fly" or somthing.
Mar 19, 2006, 08:51 AM
Private Pilot
look under Electric plane talk for "OMG What r the chances"
Mar 19, 2006, 10:46 AM
Promoting Model Aviation...
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingphil202
http://www.redrockethobbies.com/Hobb...p/hcaa1961.htm

this is the first link i could find. Just search google "sky fly plane" or "rc airplane sky fly" or somthing.

Hey free shipping also! That's a plus.

How slow of a flyer is this? Can you compare it to something like the Slow Stick?
Mar 19, 2006, 05:12 PM
Proud member of LISF and ESL
My nephew just got this plane. We maidened it in 12-15 mph winds. Considering the conditions it flew very well.

It has GREAT landing gear. We did ROG take offs from bare dirt in an school yard.

I feel it has plenty of authory in the advanced/expert mode. I had to owrk it a bit but had not trouble controling it in his much wind, even with gusts. In additiion I was able to cut power and glide it around and brought it in for landing in a glide. I was VERY impressed. Perhaps not quite as responsive as the Aerobird in expert mode, but this was right out of the box. I think you all know how much I like the Aerobird. I would put this in the same league.

Perhaps once the pilot has good control of the plane I might suggest extending the rudder slightly to give it a bit more authorty, but I am not even sure it is needed.

One weakness is that, in that wind, one of the molded in hinges on the elevator broke. We still had control but I would suggest adding some light clear packing tape across that hinge line to reinforce the elevator hinge.

Great Value. It will go on my recommended list.
Mar 20, 2006, 07:32 AM
Private Pilot
My dad crashed yesterday, INTO MY PLANE ON THE GROUND!!!! The full story is here:
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=493681
It was only 5 MPH winds or so. He cant handle wind yet. Yet, after the crash, he flew into the sun and lost it. I took controls and brought it back and landed. I grounded him for a week. No flying for him until a bit of wind training is completed on my sim.

Quick Reply