Mar 08, 2006, 10:58 AM
Thread OP
Discussion

CRASH...Need Opinions on the Quasar Lightweight 3D Biplane Flyer

Some are saying this is not such a good deal or it's "yucky" please explain......
to remove ads between posts
Mar 08, 2006, 11:04 AM
Oldie but goodie
A link to the site would help.
Mar 08, 2006, 11:10 AM
Frankenstein recycled packs
http://www.hobby-lobby.com/crash.htm

If you don't have a 3-D yet, my advise is to buy a flexible one first. Most of these are very fragile but that is just my opinion. I am a rather new 3-D flyer (maiden today) and they are a hand full if you are not ready for it.
Mar 08, 2006, 11:15 AM
Thread OP
It would be my first 3D and I thought for $40.00 I could afford to learn and crash. I have an extra outrunner and ESC.....Not sure.......Thanx
Mar 08, 2006, 11:24 AM
Thread OP
Do you mean Like the "Great Planes U-Can-Do 3D EP ?
Mar 08, 2006, 11:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2MuchAir
It would be my first 3D and I thought for $40.00 I could afford to learn and crash. I have an extra outrunner and ESC.....Not sure.......Thanx
I did the same thing with the Pitts Bipe a couple months ago. Knocked the wheels off on my first, second and third flights. Wheels are staying off from now on.
Too much work for a learner plane and I KNOW it will be totaled out soon unless I put some more carbon fiber on it first.
I don't know where or what the name is for the flexible plane but I buddy has one from the LHS and I have seen them on the web before.

Here is one but not ($$$) the one I am thinking of:
http://www.hobby-lobby.com/uzixxl.htm
The one I am looking for is in the 40-70 buck range.
Found it: $69.99:
http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXKVY7&P=ML
Mar 08, 2006, 02:08 PM
4 8 15 16 23 42
The Quasar would not be a good first 3d plane. A guy at my club bought one months ago, and sent it right back. Way too fragile. I started 3d on an eflight tribute. Flew it all last summer, and it is still in one piece. A lot heavier though Also had the eflight ultimate bipe (if you want a bipe), another good tuff plane to start 3d on. BTW I'm not affiliated with eflight, my lhs stocks a lot of their stuff, so that's what I started with.
Mar 08, 2006, 04:32 PM
Thread OP
Thanx for the replies! LHS here had the E-Flight Yak-55 3D Flex Foam in stock so......right or wrong it's sitt'n on my bench...................
Mar 08, 2006, 05:02 PM
At Duncans?
If so, I am the middle aged blind and balding guy buying parts at the same time.
Small world. Duncan owes me one. LOL
Mar 08, 2006, 06:59 PM
urs
urs
Hi
dont run before you can walk....to get the best out of the Quasar you should allready have a few shock flyer 3D planes under your belt, then you can do it justice and will do anything you demande of it and come back for more
urs ...has 1 bought 2 on crash...

ps I do more damage to such planes transporting them than I have ever done flying them...
Mar 09, 2006, 10:57 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by rampman
At Duncans?
If so, I am the middle aged blind and balding guy buying parts at the same time.
Small world. Duncan owes me one. LOL
Yep!....I'm the short fat guy with the dwindeling bank accout thanks to this hobby.........How Funny ......Your the heli guy?

Quick Reply