New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 08, 2006, 02:16 AM
Find More Posts by Tailspin Ken
Gravity is my downfall
Discussion

Suggestions wanted. Foamie with airlerons from free plans

I am thinking of building a foamie with airlerons that will operate at moderate speed. I am considering Waterdog's "Nasty". I love my STC so this seems the next logical choice. The plans and build thread are excellent. But before cutting foam I woud like to ask if this is a moderate speed flyer?. Also does anyone have alternate suggestions for this build?

Thanks,
Ken
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 08, 2006, 02:55 AM
Find More Posts by WarrrEagle!
Too little play time...
I have built 2 Nastys and will finish another in an hour or so...

Great plane from mild to wild. Does great fast or slow. I don't really 3D so I use it as a sweet sport plane really.

Hard to beat.

Waterdog is Da Man!
Old Mar 08, 2006, 08:21 AM
Find More Posts by UBILDIT
Victoria Super Mortem
I agree. The Nasty is awesome. For a simple quick one, build the Blu 51 CD from Gene Bond. Smaller, but moderate to fast is it's middle name.
Old Mar 08, 2006, 11:14 AM
Find More Posts by rockin' roller
The 3-DX is another favorite.
Old Mar 08, 2006, 11:45 AM
Find More Posts by The Enemy
AllAloneInSpaceAndTime
I liked my Parkflyer Pete as an aileron trainer. It was easy to build, free plans, and flew really smoothly.

My Nasty was pretty powerfull, so it never really seemed like a good trainer platform... But I'm sure with a brushed 350, it just might be.

Corey
Old Mar 08, 2006, 09:21 PM
Find More Posts by Gene Bond
Crash Master
The Blu-51ips or Blu-51cd are both pretty mellow, with small throws and light weight...
Old Mar 09, 2006, 01:56 AM
Find More Posts by Tailspin Ken
Gravity is my downfall
Gene, do you have a link to you site? I had one but somehow lost it.
Thanks,
Ken
Old Mar 09, 2006, 03:00 AM
Find More Posts by TeamTEOR
Off 2 The Edge of Reality
Gene, I pointed ken out to your plans, and I am helping him out to get them printed.

Curious, do you think a Westport 17t motor will work for the CDRom version?
Old Mar 09, 2006, 07:05 AM
Find More Posts by Gene Bond
Crash Master
I'm sure the Westport would be good. A little slower, IIRC, than the 15t GBv / 8040 setup I recommend, but probably good with an 8x6 or so on 2s?

Here's the easiest place to find most of my stuff: http://www.eflightwiki.com with links back to the threads here, or my homepage/other plans: http://www.genebond.rchomepage.com/plans/ One of these days I'll get organized!
Old Mar 09, 2006, 12:50 PM
Find More Posts by foamyflyer21
Thank God For Scotch Tape
hey Darrol Cady's "Foamtana-s" isa great plane. i've had two and are looking for another. on low-rates it will teach you some 3d manuevers, but then on high-rates it will do anything you can dream of. it has the most stable hover i have flown and it only needs minor right aileron to stop the torque roll. great plane. still my favorite.

foamyflyer21

http://www.darrolcady.com/Foamtana/F...a-electric.htm