Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Mar 10, 2006, 09:26 AM
In my ealier reply I spoke about the Steelhead wings for the Slow Stick. Don't want to attract people from mr. Lin's new product, but the Steelhead wing makes your SS capable of accepting a payload of 36 ounces! That is a LOT more then the 2 ounce mr. Lin is talking about.

More information here.

I must add that I had to wait a long time for my order to be processed and shipped to me. E-mail exchange was hard, no response after I had sent my money, etc... But, I finally got my wing!

CD
to remove ads between posts
Mar 10, 2006, 10:56 AM
Houng-wen Lin
We can also consider to make Slow Stick symetrical thin wing.

This will make Slow Stick become "Speedy Stick".

Some guys can enjoy SS fly fast as pylon race with fast hot BL motor.
Mar 10, 2006, 01:19 PM
Here's my version of a "Speedy Stick"

http://www.littleplanephotography.co...al/quickstick/

Actually, it's not all that fast - thick wing, but it does aerobatics really well, and it's FUN to fly.
Mar 10, 2006, 08:13 PM
Houng-wen Lin
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsoder
Here's my version of a "Speedy Stick"

http://www.littleplanephotography.co...al/quickstick/

Actually, it's not all that fast - thick wing, but it does aerobatics really well, and it's FUN to fly.
Smart ideal!

But, sorry to cost you too much for that!

GWS will make this wing to be cheap and with very much aerobatic ability!
Mar 11, 2006, 12:33 AM
Thanks Wilber and Orville !.
Heres mine........

http://www.bayrc.com/boards/download.php?id=4168

Pete
Mar 12, 2006, 02:19 AM
Houng-wen Lin
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonic liner
How will you call yours?

Is that carbone made or printed?
Mar 12, 2006, 05:05 AM
Procrashtinating Builder
I think the standard SS wing is just fine, and is easily painted when another color is wanted. It's THESE babys I'm waiting for!!!

"Look out for those pesky Lightpoles!"
( and Stupid people with Transmitters )
Poles -3, Stupid people -1, Bob -0

BB
Last edited by mastrsn; Mar 12, 2006 at 05:11 AM.
Mar 12, 2006, 10:34 AM
Procrashtinating Builder
Come to think of it, there are some parts I would like to see changed. The weakest parts of the plane are the tail feathers. I have had problems with the elevators on mine warping (badly) and the rudders snap too easy at the fuselage on even the gentlest of nose overs like when a wheel catches a tall patch of grass and such. If they could be made of a sturdier type of foam, it would keep them off the repair bench and in the air more.......

BB
Mar 12, 2006, 10:44 AM
Houng-wen Lin
Dear Mastrsn, you have a pair eyes too sharp!
Mar 12, 2006, 11:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mastrsn
Come to think of it, there are some parts I would like to see changed. The weakest parts of the plane are the tail feathers. I have had problems with the elevators on mine warping (badly) and the rudders snap too easy at the fuselage on even the gentlest of nose overs like when a wheel catches a tall patch of grass and such. If they could be made of a sturdier type of foam, it would keep them off the repair bench and in the air more.......

I definitely agree with that. I make my own tailfeathers out of bluecor, I think the stock stuff is just too weak.

Additionally, when I put my tail together, I use a 1"x4" piece of lexan between the stabilizer and the fuselage, with the white piece on the outside. The lexan flexes and reduces breakage quite a bit. Of course, I finally just added a flat piece of CF to the edge of the stab between the surface and the stab, just glued it on before taping the rudder or elevator on. No breakage since - it'd have to be hard enough to actually rip the CF loose.

http://www.littleplanephotography.co...nal/miscstick/
Mar 12, 2006, 02:21 PM
Procrashtinating Builder
Quote:
Originally Posted by GWS4CEO
Dear Mastrsn, you have a pair eyes too sharp!
I got those pictures from a secret operative within your R&D Dept.

Now that I've spilled the beans, please tell!!!

BB
Mar 12, 2006, 02:26 PM
Procrashtinating Builder
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsoder
I definitely agree with that. I make my own tailfeathers out of bluecor, I think the stock stuff is just too weak.
I spend way too much time building Slow Sticks- I really should get a Life...

BB
Mar 14, 2006, 07:40 PM
Hooper, full throttle!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mastrsn
It's THESE babys I'm waiting for!!!

They look like giant Pico Stick F's!! I had the F, added a GWS 350 and ailerons and it was a pure joy to fly.

Mr Lin you got THAT one right!! Now make it around a 40" wingspan with a "real" wing <no undercamber> and it would give all the new fangled stick models a run for there money!

Tommy D
Mar 15, 2006, 10:15 AM
Mr. Lin - so it will be two series of SS production or you will replace old SS with new version?
Mar 19, 2006, 08:55 PM
Houng-wen Lin
We just tested SS with yellow.

How do you like it?

We planning to make more colors...

So, we can easy to identify when too many SS flying in the same club at the same time.
Last edited by GWS4CEO; Mar 19, 2006 at 09:28 PM.

Quick Reply