Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Mar 07, 2006, 06:06 PM
Houng-wen Lin
Discussion

GWS Slow Stick wing go stronger! more colors choice!

How about if GWS make our Slow Stick wing go stronger!?

During the new process, there will be 1/2 oz weight increased, but the wing can hold 2 oz more payload.

Let me know how will you think about this?

We will also going to offer more colors of wing orther than red: Yellow, light blue, pink, white, green ....
to remove ads between posts
Mar 07, 2006, 07:06 PM
An increase in weight on the Slow Stick would be worth the trade off for a stronger wing.

As for more color choices, sounds great! The brighter and more visible the better.

Glad to see you are looking into making the Slow Stick an even better product than it already is. I know mine has been abused, to say the least and it has held up well.
Mar 07, 2006, 07:31 PM
Houng-wen Lin
Just because GWS Slow Stick was modified to be with carmera, video cam, and many others payload that I feel this will be a necessary.

More colors choice, due to sometime there too many GWS SS in the sky!

I believe this will be nice for SS combat!
Mar 07, 2006, 07:59 PM
He Did WHAT? "AGAIN?"
I would really like to see GWS sell a aftermarket camera mount to fit the SS. Something that could rotate and tilt made from plastic that could carry most 6 to 8 ounce digital camera. A stronger wing is always a plus the weight penilty is very low.
Theres lots of slow sticks already flying over 35 ounces with cameras so go for it.

Thanks, Kosh
Mar 07, 2006, 08:55 PM
wishes this caption was longe
Mr. Lin,

I think a simpler solution would be to include a syringe of 2-part five minute epoxy. Epoxy on the wingjoint. Epoxy on the dihedral tubes and fiberglass rods before taping. Epoxy on the tailfins.

Also a short fiberglass rod on the front of the horizontal stabilizer.

These simple changes enable the slow stick to become a much stronger flyer capable of handling strong brushless motors.

Just by adding a tube of epoxy.

Will
Mar 07, 2006, 09:01 PM
Pickin' an a Flyin'
Those combat guys should check out that fastest slow stick thread! Picture 3 is really cool. If you had scale WWI planes offered......

Better calm myself
Mar 07, 2006, 11:16 PM
Houng-wen Lin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosh28
I would really like to see GWS sell a aftermarket camera mount to fit the SS. Something that could rotate and tilt made from plastic that could carry most 6 to 8 ounce digital camera. A stronger wing is always a plus the weight penilty is very low.
Theres lots of slow sticks already flying over 35 ounces with cameras so go for it.

Thanks, Kosh
There is a fuselage version for AP nearly complete the design. The proto type quite nice, after debugs, will start the tooling mode soon for this summer.

Yet, a solid Super Stick wing also carry on... For those who need more payload equipped on Slow Stick.
Mar 08, 2006, 12:05 AM
You should try to get it ready BEFORE summer. Most photographers are starting to take pictures in spring, so summer would be too late.

Can you give it priority?
Mar 08, 2006, 12:13 AM
Houng-wen Lin
I should ask RD to reschedule proority for this project to be done early!

Thanks.
Mar 08, 2006, 12:55 AM
He Did WHAT? "AGAIN?"
Well done Mr. Lin on both parts, We have waited a long time for a true AP plane from GWS and cant wait to see what you have come up with.
Thanks for listening to all, Kosh
Mar 08, 2006, 01:11 AM
I'm not sure I see the need for a new wing if it only carries 1.5 oz more (2oz minus the extra weight of the wing).

If simple mods to the wing make it a heavy lifter, why is a new wing needed?
Mar 08, 2006, 07:41 AM
I agree with time pilot - that's not much of a change, and I like the very light stock wing.

On the other hand, different colors would be very nice.
Mar 08, 2006, 08:24 AM
Some AP-ers are using the Steelhead products wing. It's a lot heavier then the Slow Stick wing, but can haul a lot of more weight. Do a search in the Aerial photography forums on Stealhead and you know what I am talking about.
Mar 08, 2006, 08:45 AM
That makes sense. Actually, it clarifies what I think, too - If you're going to make a stronger stick wing, keep the original as is, weight-wise, and add a heavier wing as an option - but make it capable of quite a bit more weight, not two ounces.
Mar 09, 2006, 07:00 PM
SCCA, EAA, M.E.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GWS4CEO
How about if GWS make our Slow Stick wing go stronger!?

During the new process, there will be 1/2 oz weight increased, but the wing can hold 2 oz more payload.

Let me know how will you think about this?

We will also going to offer more colors of wing orther than red: Yellow, light blue, pink, white, green ....
What about the landing gear? The version I have bends mighty easy, and thats with no payload and a light build.. Any plans for making the gear a little more robust?

Quick Reply