Mar 07, 2006, 02:47 AM
Thread OP
Discussion

Aiptek Pocket Cam X...anybody tried one? Thoughts?

The Aiptek Pocket Cam X can record 320 x 240 video with sound at 24 fps.

SD cards of up to 512 meg are supported.

It seems like this would be a good AP video cam and a lot cheaper than a Sony S600, or S40 (if I could find a good one).

The frame rate is a lot better on the Pocket Cam X than on the Pen Cam SD 1.3.

What do you think?
to remove ads between posts
Mar 26, 2006, 12:13 AM
CARL T
OK, Where can I get one of these and what do they cost, Please.
What is their site add.?
Carl
Mar 26, 2006, 12:22 AM
go to: 2fidelity.com

this is the promotion division of Aiptek
Mar 26, 2006, 03:40 AM
Pocketcam x works pretty good.. Used to be my primary camera.
Pic from pocketcam x http://www.rsnw.com/AP11.htm
Mar 26, 2006, 10:52 AM
Am I registered?
Yeah, the X is a good inexpensive cmos type camera. I have one. I always thought it did a good job on stills and a fairly good job on video. You'll get the wiggles if there's too much vibration, so motor off is best.

Randy
Mar 29, 2006, 01:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy Due
Yeah, the X is a good inexpensive cmos type camera. I have one. I always thought it did a good job on stills and a fairly good job on video. You'll get the wiggles if there's too much vibration, so motor off is best.

Randy
I agree...the Pocketcam X was my 1st AP camera I started out with 2 years ago. Photos came out good for a Cmos camera. If you take photos or video with the motor on you tend to get wavy lines as cmos shows more vibration than CCD. After I got more hooked I moved up to a better CCD camera. One good thing with the Pocketcam X is that you can power the camera off of your receiver and save some weight without the 2 AAA installed
Mar 29, 2006, 12:43 PM
Am I registered?
Quote:
Originally Posted by v3611504
I agree...the Pocketcam X was my 1st AP camera I started out with 2 years ago. Photos came out good for a Cmos camera. If you take photos or video with the motor on you tend to get wavy lines as cmos shows more vibration than CCD. After I got more hooked I moved up to a better CCD camera. One good thing with the Pocketcam X is that you can power the camera off of your receiver and save some weight without the 2 AAA installed
Yes, it's very light weight that way. So is the Pencam SD. Aiptek makes some good starter cameras for AP. I've tried 4 different Aipteks. The newest being the MPVR. I only use it for capturing video from a downlink though. Does a great job too....and a lot smaller than a vcr! I pretty much use a better ccd camera for stills now also, but at the expense of a lot more weight. This hobby is very addictive.....

Randy
Mar 29, 2006, 03:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by v3611504
One good thing with the Pocketcam X is that you can power the camera off of your receiver and save some weight without the 2 AAA installed

How do you set it up to power it from the receiver?

I'm about to order one and would like to know how to do that.

Thanks!

BobbyG
Mar 29, 2006, 06:18 PM
........ "you can power the camera off of your receiver and save some weight without the 2 AAA installed."

I am interested in how this is done. I have a Pocket X and like the pics that it produces. The way I have used it was to put the batteries in the cam and trigger the cam with a servo. That added a lot of weight. I like to fly with the 1.3 SD the best. It has lower weight and is not as large.

Thanks,

Roger
Mar 29, 2006, 06:59 PM
To power the camera check out this post....it worked for my pocketcam X you can just solder some wire to the battery leads on the camera and run them to a spare RX + and for power

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=298019
Mar 29, 2006, 08:23 PM
Am I registered?
If I remember correctly, I used a combination of these:

http://www.designsoft.com.au/ahome/rc/jazz/jazz.html

How to modify an old servo for switch:
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...two+warranties

Randy
Mar 30, 2006, 01:05 PM
Design > Build > Fly
I have been using the Pocketcam X for over a year. Both video and photos can be viewed at http://www.stickflyers.com

Quick Reply