Mar 06, 2006, 04:15 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

Kyosho Calmato Sports 40

Hello all...

I've been flying my Vmar Discovery 40 for a few years now and today my hobby shop salesman came to me and told me about a plane that he's gonna receive soon and got me very interested... this plane is obviously the Kyosho Calmato Sports 40 as you might have guessed with title of this thread (hehe)... I did some searches and found only positive comments about this very good and speedy looking aircraft but before I head back to my hobby shop to buy this beaut' I wanted RCGroups' blessing so please let me know what you think of it whether you've tried it or not...

Thanks guys,

Nick.
Last edited by Nykolo54; Mar 06, 2006 at 06:57 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Mar 06, 2006, 04:29 PM
In Massive Debt
Sounds like you should head on over their right now . Good flying plane, it is a little bit faster then the current plane you have. It will do basic aerobatics, and if you put the right engine on it, it can actually be quite fast. If your flying off a grass field, you may consider replacing the wheels that come with it also, and getting bigger ones. Ive had a couple of people at my field with these things. Ive actually trimmed 2 of them out for people. They track very well, and are easy to fly, however they are definitely a step up from trainers.
Mar 06, 2006, 07:01 PM
Thread OP
Thanks for the reply I was thinking about putting the same engine I have on my Discovery which is a Blue OS 46 L.A.
Let me know if that would be a good set up or if I could get better cause I want nothin' but the best on this one...
Oh and as for the tires, I fly off a concrete runway but I was gonna replace them anyways cause I can't stand foam tires...
Mar 07, 2006, 07:37 AM
In Massive Debt
The LA .46 would power it fine. However if you really want a fast flying plane, it might be worth the uprgrade to sell your LA .46 and upgrade it to something like an OS 50 SX, or maybe even just a nice .46 AX.
Mar 07, 2006, 10:58 AM
Thread OP
Actually I meant that I'm gonna buy the same type of engine... not use the engine that's on my Discovery
I'll follow your advice and get the OS 50 SX though...
Mar 07, 2006, 02:50 PM
Tri-City park flyer
I had the Calmato trainer, and if this is anything like the trainer, it will be an excellent plane. I had the blue 46LA on mine, and it was ample power. Then I moved the engine to a very similar plane, the World Models Mach II. I found that the LA with an APC 10x7, made an excellent combo(with 10% fuel).
Mar 07, 2006, 03:59 PM
Thread OP
I just ordered mine from my hobby shop... she'll look like this... http://shop.pigs-airlines.be/catalog...to%20sport.jpg
Mar 07, 2006, 04:06 PM
Nykolo54,
Now you know this means we'll be expecting a full build thread with flight report. This looks like it would be perfect for my OS .52 four stroke. The Calmato looks very nice.
dawg
Mar 07, 2006, 04:40 PM
Thread OP
Hehe... no problem... I should be receiving the plane in about a week so I'll start building in about 2 weeks... Stay tuned !

Quick Reply