Apr 28, 2019, 06:21 PM
Where's the wind?
Classic powerlines day. Got there at 2pm to NE, then E, then SE, and 20 min. later NW. Flew the Bad Voodoo to shake off the cob webs. Then on to the Redshift maiden while the wind was good. First flight tail heavy and very touchy elevator. Landing was okay but crow was making the plane stick its nose in the air.

Next flight with toned down elevator and ailerons and a 1/2oz more lead in the nose. Much better but now too little roll rate. Landing went fine but still not enough down elevator with crow.

Third flight better still. Ailerons better, and elevator about right. Still pretty neutral. Probably another 1/2oz in the nose will help. By then the front was on the flat irons and weather was about to get nasty. Landing not as good as the first couple. Slapped the tail on the ground and cracked the vtail joiner loose in the tail. I should have followed JH advise and drill the fuse through for the tail joiners.

Overall, I think it will be fast once dialed in. Hard to do at powerlines as its bumpy and not consistent lift. Turns hard and carrie's energy pretty well. Its sensitive to minor control rate changes and will take some some tweaking to get it perfect. It feels twitchy but most likely need cg moved a smidge forward.

I definately need more stick time.

Andrew

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
to remove ads between posts
Apr 28, 2019, 07:09 PM
Just chillin @ 403 MPH
I dropped by the powerlines today around 11:30 wind was se.
May 25, 2019, 09:28 PM
Had NCAR to myself all afternoon. Was pretty good. Surprised nobody else was there
given that it was SE winds across the entire front range.
Someone was flying when I first arrived but standing and flying little further to the east. I
threw my Bee out to test the air for a couple minutes, they immediately landed and left.. soo..
Flew the 30oz Bee while the Fazer charged and then flew that for over an hour.
May 26, 2019, 08:35 AM
Boulder Sloper
I flew NCAR in the morning all by myself, then I had yard work to do in the afternoon. Tough working when you see the slope and feel the wind.
Just got back from flying at Eagle Butte so had to clean up snow storm damage.
Jun 14, 2019, 08:02 AM
Just chillin @ 403 MPH
Ncar was on for a good part of the day yesterday.
To bad my planes weren't up for the task.
Jun 15, 2019, 09:44 PM
Phil, how was Eagle this year?
Jun 16, 2019, 08:48 AM
Boulder Sloper
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris country
Phil, how was Eagle this year?
It was great, flew 7 days from sun-up to sun-down. Had 30 some pilots on weekend. See you this weekend at Blue Mesa.
Jun 16, 2019, 01:09 PM
Sweet, glad you scored, you can tell me more about it this week. It looks like Greg, LP, and I will all be up there by Wednesday starting early...just saying
Jul 08, 2019, 08:43 PM
Anyone want some older helicopters for themselves or a friend? Free for local pickup.
Helicopter with wood blades and belt driven tail rotor.
Helicopter with Carbon blades, shaft driven tail rotor with Cirrus Micro Piezo Gyro (MS Composit Hornet?).
Jul 11, 2019, 10:25 PM
Finally got some flying in on Tuesday night at Powerlines. Lift was pretty good at first flying the Talon but got a little funny later with the Fillip Sport 400. Ive been impressed with how well the balsa Talon flies and how tough it is in crashes.

There is a decaying carcass on the edge of the hill next to the fence that is putting out some serious perfume.

001 (0 min 42 sec)

Talon at Powerlines 4 (1 min 10 sec)

Fillip Sport 400 at Powerlines 3 (1 min 8 sec)
Jul 11, 2019, 10:29 PM
Spearheading an Alliance
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbryansierra
Finally got some flying in on Tuesday night at Powerlines. Lift was pretty good at first flying the Talon but got a little funny later with the Fillip Sport 400. Ive been impressed with how well the balsa Talon flies and how tough it is in crashes.

There is a decaying carcass on the edge of the hill next to the fence that is putting out some serious perfume.

https://youtu.be/ER4rMTl513g

https://youtu.be/fh-rMcWexuY

https://youtu.be/10cajq20peU
"Video is unavailable" x 3

~BG~

Edit: They were not functioning at the time of this posing; howeve, the links work now.
Last edited by BravoGolf; Jul 12, 2019 at 09:53 PM.
Jul 12, 2019, 09:51 AM
Sorry about that. Hope that tease hasn't gotten your hopes up for seeing good flying- these are not up to the high standards of this thread.

001 (0 min 42 sec)

Talon at Powerlines 4 (1 min 10 sec)

Fillip Sport 400 at Powerlines 3 (1 min 8 sec)
Jul 18, 2019, 09:31 AM
Just For The Fun Of It
I drove by Dinosaur & Williams Peak on my way home from camping near the Flattops the other day. That got me wondering... Does anyone fly either slope anymore? And is the road up still as gnarly as it was back in the days of Super77th? Also... What happened to Super77th? I wonder if Justin just moved on from sloping?
Jul 18, 2019, 09:49 AM
Just tape it, it'll fly
Talon! Man, I've had one of those in a box for years. I should build that thing, right behind [insert long list of unfinished kits here]...

Dunno where Super77th is at these days, haven't been to that event since I've had kids, I think (long time).
Jul 21, 2019, 05:33 PM
Where's the wind?
Some Yellowjacket fun in the light air on Zion this afternoon. Hopefully it picks up some more. When I got here even the flag at the top was limp.

Wind is mostly east now at 5-7mph. To bad my Bee servos are both shorted. Perfect combat wind right now and I'm the only flyer up here of course.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Quick Reply