Added Net Cutter to U-Boat. Improvment? - RC Groups
Jun 25, 2002, 01:04 PM

Added Net Cutter to U-Boat. Improvment?

This will have the scale purist upset but I had to have it. The net cutters were done away with on later U-boats but I felt the bow was just too bare. Besides, I think U-boats outta have lots of guns and sharp stuff sticking out.
to remove ads between posts
Jun 25, 2002, 01:06 PM
I figure it will also keep the turtles out of my way.
Jun 27, 2002, 05:01 PM
Added a rudder guard that the boats had. If I keep this up it might start to look like a U-boat!
Jun 27, 2002, 05:37 PM
Hairy E-Pilot
Great looking model, Iím very impressed. Questions: Dose this thing actually go in the water or just a static model (still impressed either way)? Does it submerge or just cruse on the surface?

Gary
Jun 27, 2002, 05:53 PM
Check out the u-boat trials pics below. Yes its fully operational with ballast tanks,lights,sound,auto-level,depth control and a torpedo system. 83 inches long,and around 50 pounds, handles great.
Jun 27, 2002, 06:15 PM
Hairy E-Pilot
I just took a look around this forum... very cool, I'm even more impressed. You have some very nice models, I'm thinking about building another boat, electric this time I think. My last (and only) one was a scratch build 45" deep vee with 35cc weed eater power.

Gary
Jun 28, 2002, 07:10 PM
Added lower cutter to the boat. Now its looking more shark like. Think Im done for a while just need to learn how to carry this thing through the house without banging it up against the doors.