This thread is privately moderated by ZIPPER, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Apr 22, 2006, 10:49 PM
Slope elope
Pic's from the Dom's final flights in Santa Barbara, CA

What a plane!
to remove ads between posts
Apr 22, 2006, 11:24 PM
Nice pics Jeret. Good thing Steve told me it wasn't a foamie, I was almost about to combat it - doh!

"What a plane" indeed!

Lance
Apr 23, 2006, 12:57 AM
VTPR & Slope Aerobatics
Video of the Dom's flights today in Santa Barbara available here:

The Dominator World Slope Tour Plane (12.7MB, Quicktime .MOV)

Enjoy! I know we did. Bon voyage, Dom!

Steve
Apr 23, 2006, 08:49 AM
Just caught up with the WST/Dom's recent outings to Fermin and SB, and watched Steve's vid.

Let me just say that is a somewhat surreal experience watching the same green and gold* plane that I flew just a few short months ago, now winging its way around the slopes made famous (or infamous) courtesy of the regulars in this forum. But it is great to see this foam ambassador of international slope goodwill in action on the other side of the globe, be it flopping around in light lift or carving it up in bigger air.

I was also impressed that Steve deemed the plane worthy of control via his teutonic behemoth radio.

I wonder when the plane will need a recover? And when that happens during the U.S. leg, will it be a stars & stripes job?

[*For those unaware - green and gold are the colors of many an Australian national sports team over the years, although the 'gold' is often more of a yellow. ]
Apr 23, 2006, 05:56 PM
by ZIPPER
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by surfimp
I think it would be a really good idea if Glenn could post recommended CG, reflex and throws for the Dom. These should be noted in the first page of the logbook. It'd really make the setup process easier and make sure that the next flyer can get it going straightaway.

Steve
You never know what to put in till it’s underway, so this is the way mine is setup.......CG - 185mm from the tip of the nose
Elevator - 15mm UP and DOWN
Aileron - 15mm UP and DOWN
and the reflex should be the same as any of these wings, run a ruler on the under side of the wing and the elevon should be the same contour.
If the setup you have is any different then let me know.

Glenn
Last edited by ZIPPER; Jun 06, 2007 at 05:18 AM.
Apr 23, 2006, 06:16 PM
Fly~Crash~Repair~Repeat

Dom in SLO

I picked up the Dom from Steve today and after the drive, it's time to gather up my stuff and head for the hills. Literally. I should get the reciever in sometime in the next day or so, pending removal from my other plane. First flight will hopefully be this weekend, maybe this week sometime. All you SLO area flyers raid your change jars and take a hammer to the kids piggy banks (just kidding). Any qestions PM me, I'll try to post a couple days before I hit the slopes so I can take pictures while someone else flies, or vice versa. The plan is to at least hit Terrace Hill and Montana de Oro in the time it's here.

UP UP and AWAY!!!!

Dave
Apr 24, 2006, 02:15 PM
Fly~Crash~Repair~Repeat
It was cool to meet you too. It was a good time, with good conversation and good coffee. Hope we can get together and fly sometime. I'll be sure to post the specs inside the front cover for all those who will need them later. Looking forward to getting her up in the air. She is looking a little rough around the edges so I am considering a recover while she's here, unless there's an objection by anyone.

Dave
Apr 24, 2006, 03:04 PM
Vice President at MultiGP
I am not sure where I am on the list, but a recover might be a good thing. I was going to give it the treatment should it have needed it when it got to me.

James
Apr 24, 2006, 05:38 PM
by ZIPPER
Thread OP
I was having a good look at the latest pic's and thought it was looking a little dirty so a recover would be a good idea.
I would have thought that it would have been treated a bit better than it has, it hasn’t been flown that much.
So when you are flying the Dom just be a little gentile with the landings, she dose have a big trip ahead.

Glenn
Apr 25, 2006, 12:41 AM
Vice President at MultiGP
You know, since I am headed up to the Midwest Slope Challenge in about 6 weeks, do you guys think that I could get the Dom in time to take it with me? Having it at the event would give the Dom the ability to be controlled by the hands of the 34 pilots registered for the event. It could add a serious number of names to the pilot list, as well as have an event under it's belt.

What do you guys think? I am headed out for MWSC Wednesday June 7th with at least 4 slope rats from Texas, possibly 5. We plan to arrive Thursday mid-afternoon, and will be there for the 3 full days of the event. I am not sure where I am on the list, but maybe we could modify the shipping schedule if need be? I could make sure and collect $5 or an acceptable donation from all that wanted to fly the world travelling plane.

Thoughts??? BTW, what is the Paypal address for donations?

James Vaello
Apr 25, 2006, 05:25 AM
by ZIPPER
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Admiral_Red

Thoughts??? BTW, what is the Paypal address for donations?

James Vaello
Check the first post.

Glenn
Apr 30, 2006, 06:35 PM
Fly~Crash~Repair~Repeat

The Dom's new threads

Just thought I would post a pic of the Dom's new outfit. It's not the green and gold that she started with. I found gold (not yellow) but unfortunately no green , so I opted for blue. It's not a complicated or outlandish scheme but it works . The lovely lady next to her is my e-Hawk 1400 set up with 4 servos for V-tail mixing and flaperons, rather than the stock 2 servo set-up. Couldn't get the Dom in the air this weekend. I'm gonna shoot for next weekend and possibly this week sometime.

Dave
Apr 30, 2006, 08:18 PM
Nice covering job there, Dave!

Glenn - it might have been flown a bit more than you think!

Anton
Apr 30, 2006, 08:35 PM
Nice of you to put some new duds on the Dom. Sweet license plate too

Lance
Apr 30, 2006, 09:08 PM
Free as a bird now.
That looks great! I hope you are making some new tiplets for it too.

In my opinion, the tiplets could use a little more area than the ones that were on it.

BTW: Does that license plate say "Soars Low" or "Soar Slow"

Quick Reply