Feb 28, 2006, 03:54 PM
No Plane - No Gain
Thread OP
Yippee!

LEG 1-D Maiden Flight

Flight video is here (I hope)

http://media.putfile.com/LEG-1-D-Maiden-Flight

I think it's going to take just a bit more to get the pilot dialed in to the plane, but this is the very first few moments of flight for my new toy.
to remove ads between posts
Feb 28, 2006, 04:00 PM
No Plane - No Gain
Thread OP
And a few minutes later on - just some more flying around including the big sink cycles and a low-and-away save.

http://media.putfile.com/LEG-1-D-More-Flying
Feb 28, 2006, 04:27 PM
Where's the wind?
Nice job Tom!
Feb 28, 2006, 04:46 PM
No Plane - No Gain
Thread OP
Thanks Andrew,

I just realized that I may have inadvertantly created DIVX files. Guess I'm a newbie to video work also.

Anyone familiar with ffmpeg? I created those files calling the -vcodec mpeg4 option. I didn't know that was DIVX, or is it?
Feb 28, 2006, 06:10 PM
DS Junkie
I got sound but no picture when viewing. But it sounded good!
Feb 28, 2006, 10:52 PM
No Plane - No Gain
Thread OP
I think you got the radio version. Just imagine the best looking 1-D you've ever seen masterfully flown by an awesome pilot, while listening to the screaming wind and the oohs and ahs of the awe-struck crowd.

(Those who can actually see the video, don't tell S'n E the truth)
Mar 03, 2006, 10:14 PM
No Plane - No Gain
Thread OP
Time for the first repair. Bummer. Nothing bad at all, but I did get sucked into tossing her out in some very light lift by watching Mike the Jart Deer Hunter lazily floating around with one of his lighter than air ships. (grin)
The only damage from the resulting sudden stop at the bottom was the tail fin broke free. A little Goop and she'll be better than new.

Mike, it's just not fair flying those things around.

Quick Reply