Feb 28, 2006, 03:22 PM
Thread OP
Question

Weasel or Alula plans anybody?

I would like to buy an Alula, or failing that, a Weasel. However, the "factory" is shutdown for expansion, with no date given for restarting production. So, is there any magic in these designs that cannot be copied? Does anybody have drawings, or even knowledge of what section they both use. That is the only real unknown, having looked at the building instructions on line.
cheers
Krafty
to remove ads between posts
Feb 28, 2006, 04:06 PM
Crikey never leave beer behind

This is as close as you'll get

His foils are his secret and wont be divugled under pain of death
but if you build your own you'd have to come up with a section that works for you . I dont believe in copying someone else's design but here's as close as you'll get to a drawing of the Alua.
SteveW
Feb 28, 2006, 04:16 PM
ARE YOU READY KIDS???
I have a Weasel, (Sponge Bob Weasel Pants) and have managed to break the nose on the pod/fuse between the battery bay and the receiver bay. Thinking of cutting another fuse myself to replace the original. No copy infringements right??? What if I made a complete new Weasel for myself as a back-up??? Would that be ok, or just totally un-cool???

SD
Feb 28, 2006, 04:24 PM
Slope elope
Seems to me that just copying a design and making your own version of a plane isn't really a big deal. It's when you copy a design and then try to sell it that it becomes illegal or just downright un-cool.

Feel free to set me straight on this if I'm off, though.
Feb 28, 2006, 05:13 PM
been through this discussion to many time now I know some designers have copy right and even if you make a replacment part thats the same shape and material it is an infringement of copy right. However different sections different performance
= different design so its up to you I guess .
SteveW (who makes his designs public)
Feb 28, 2006, 05:16 PM
Ninja of the Nasty
with all respect to Richter, i made a 48" Weasel look-a-like that im bringing to the weaselfest... but its gonna be pretty fast

i think to make one yourself isnt wrong, but selling them is...

JOe
Feb 28, 2006, 05:26 PM
Slope elope
This one still brings a smile to my face...
Feb 28, 2006, 05:26 PM
Better still why not go the extra step and design something around your own idea's its much more satisfying.
And Joe it maybe a look alike but konwing you its a 200 mph Dsing demon probably full moulded did you call it the Joeasel lol
SteveW
Feb 28, 2006, 10:05 PM
"NAVY CHIEFS"
I look at it like this. You need to fix the plane so make the part yourself. But don't sell them. You are not making money of his design your just fixing your plane.. I think my weasel might be done before the fest! Only if Hitec doesn't let me down......

Mike
Mar 01, 2006, 03:57 PM
Hi,

You can look at : http://alain.zutter.free.fr/Ailes/salAZ/index.html

AZ
Mar 01, 2006, 04:04 PM
Ninja of the Nasty
wow, thats so detailed its wrong someone went through all that effort to copy a designed plane...

JOe
Mar 01, 2006, 04:21 PM
Nucking Futs
I'm also amazed at how much work went into that one.

I do however like the buried linkages and the holes in the elevons. Nose needs a good shaping though.

Bablefished the intro

For étrenner my table to be cut out, I manufactured myself this small bird completely inspired of a model of Richter (L ' alula). The profiles of course left range AZ. This model is well sympathetic nerve: equipped in a very standard way with a Micro receiver MPX 5/6, a NiMh battery of 300mAh and 2 servos 9g that one finds with 10 euros on ebay, it weighs only 160 grams!! This confers properties to him of scrapes astonishing, allowing the flight by very weak conditions and even by conditions of null wind while launching it manner SAL. Its realization full EPP makes it indestructible. To put in the content of its trunk before leaving to the slope and to leave when nothing any more holds in the air.

Sorta like French Ebonics!

RJ
Last edited by I'm Rick James; Mar 01, 2006 at 04:26 PM.
Mar 01, 2006, 04:24 PM
You must die! I alone am best.
Quote:
Originally Posted by krafty
I would like to buy an Alula, or failing that, a Weasel. However, the "factory" is shutdown for expansion, with no date given for restarting production. So, is there any magic in these designs that cannot be copied? Does anybody have drawings, or even knowledge of what section they both use. That is the only real unknown, having looked at the building instructions on line.
cheers
Krafty
Of course you could always buy my spare Alula kit left over from a previous shipment.

PM me.
I'm in Bolton.

Andy
Mar 01, 2006, 07:45 PM
find me @samotage
Hehehehe

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm Rick James
For étrenner my table to be cut out, I manufactured myself this small bird completely inspired of a model of Richter (L ' alula). The profiles of course left range AZ. This model is well sympathetic nerve: equipped in a very standard way with a... blah blah blah
I would love to see the Japanese Engrish version of this translation http://www.engrish.com/

Seriously, wait till Michael gets his production up and running 'cos the little Alula is a fantastic little toy filled to the brim with a special kind of magic that is almost guaranteed to have you grinning from ear 2 ear.
Mar 02, 2006, 12:25 PM
Thread OP

Yes please

Quote:
Originally Posted by slopetrashuk
Of course you could always buy my spare Alula kit left over from a previous shipment.

PM me.
I'm in Bolton.

Andy
Yes please. email me [email protected]

Quick Reply