B-2 bomber by Chris Golds - Page 3 - RC Groups
Jul 02, 2002, 02:49 AM
CMFC Secretary (UK)
The B-2 plans are indeed a Traplet publication. The same publishers that make Electric Flight International , or QFI & EFI or whatever it is called nowadays.

Chris Golds published his plans via them, & I beleive they are the sole publishers of his plan ( in fact that should read 'plans', as Chris has designed a great number of aricraft )

I find it impossible to beleive that Chris or Traplet would give sole distribution rights to a person to make CNC kits from their plans. Even more unlikely for someone on the other side of the pond, ( nothing against our transatlantic relations, just a case of them favouring existing UK suppliers )

Traplet Publications Ltd
Traplet House
Severn Drive
Upton upon Severn
Worcestershire
WR8 0JL.
United Kingdom

http://www.traplet.com or http://www.traplet.co.uk
to remove ads between posts
Jul 02, 2002, 11:36 AM

Traplet info

Thank you Mr. BioHazard.
Jul 02, 2002, 12:26 PM
LotusTRBO
It is my understanding that this is in no way an exclusive arraingment. You can just as simply order the plans from Triplet Publications and cut the parts yourself ... or have someone laser cut them for you. I was simply asked where I got my semi kit from ... my response in no way was ment to imply that it was the only way to get the plans and parts. Sorry to Tony or anyone else if there was a misunderstanding.

Lonnie
Jul 02, 2002, 11:32 PM

B2 kit

To BioHazard. From your last message you implied that someone is cutting and selling the B2 kit in the UK. If so, do you happen to have a webb site?
Jul 03, 2002, 04:48 AM
CMFC Secretary (UK)
I don't think anyone is doing a 'Traplet / Chris Golds approved' set of parts for the plan, but I think there are a few people who offer CNC cutting services from plan.

I would have to track through the back pages of the UK model magazines to find some, but I recollect seeing some there.

By my last message I didn't mean to imply that someone in the UK is doing it, just that I didn't think that Traplet or Chris would have sold the International Rights to produce such a kit.
Jul 03, 2002, 12:17 PM

B2 plans

Thank you for info Bio. No need to look in back issues. Will find another cutter here. Since AK models will only cut for RT Models, perhaps one of the other members that have purchased plans will let us know who they may use to cut kit and at what cost.
Jul 09, 2002, 02:03 AM
LotusTRBO
Well, the project has started. I framed up the upper left right side of the airframe. Just 3 more central sections and that part will be done .... then it will be on to the outboard sections .... Sheees
Jul 09, 2002, 01:17 PM
LotusTRBO
Looking at the plans and what I have built so far ... I dont' see any reason why the outer wing panels can not detach from the central section of the plane. I believe that the use of servo extentions as well as emi sup. Now my question is ... what is the lightest and strongest way to make this conection. I was thinking about two rods one in the out board section of the wing the other in the central section both epoxied into place and then slide those into "boxes" on the oposite section. Then secure with 3mm or 4mm scews? The problem is what should the rods be made of? or is there a better way?

Lonnie

PS without being able to detach the outer panels from the central panel the model is 96" or 8 ft almost 3m. By detaching the outboard panels you end up with basically (1) 4ft panel and (2) 2ft panels which is much more managable for transport ... and the way the model is set up there are (2) servos in each out board panel and the rest are in the central section alone with the retracts, batteries and 4 fans.
Jul 10, 2002, 12:55 AM
LotusTRBO
The top of the center section (two of six sections framed)
Jul 10, 2002, 12:56 AM
LotusTRBO
side view
Jul 11, 2002, 06:09 PM
CMFC Secretary (UK)
Looking good LotusTRBO !!!
Jul 12, 2002, 01:18 AM
LotusTRBO
Thank you Bio .... now the left lower center section is framed 3 more sections to go
Jul 12, 2002, 01:18 AM
LotusTRBO
Top view
Jul 15, 2002, 10:15 AM
LotusTRBO
it's still comming along
Jul 15, 2002, 10:16 AM
LotusTRBO
one more