Feb 26, 2006, 06:33 PM
Thread OP
Question

Can't figure out how to setup an EF radio for any sim, help..

So I am now the proud owner of an EF Sabre. Yes I know its not much, but it is a good starting place.
A couple of days ago I picked up the serial cable from EF to connect my controller to my PC and raced home to set it up to practice with a sim.
I have tried what I could find here, PPJoy and PICJoy but with no luck.
I am a computer geek so setting things up on a PC is almost second nature for me.
I hooked it up to my one and only serial port (COM1) and used a freeware serial port tester to verify there was a signal on the port. I have installed PPJoy but was not able to configure it through the software. Then I tried PICJoy. That, I had a little more success with but the issue was that the program read just a jumble of signal and not any clearly defined and useable channels. I even tried using WinXPs game contol panel to try to set it up as a standard joystick. Same thing, touch one stick and EVERYTHING moves.
So I am lost as to why I can't get this thing to work. I am aware that it may be a bad cable but since I don't know how to configure the controller or windows to use a TX controller I am stumped as to what to try next.
Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply