Feb 23, 2006, 02:17 AM
Thread OP
Discussion

Fliton Rogue 3D Bipe Update

We would like to take this opportunity to first thank all of those who have been supportive of our Fliton line. It has recently been brought to our attention that there are some CG questions being asked about our newly released Rogue 3D Bipe. Although we rigorously test all of our models before production, there are instances of slight mishaps that we always work hard to combat. With that said, the CG stated in the manual appears to be incorrect. Please take note of the below tests we have recently conducted to locate the proper CG.

*Results may vary based on setup
-Test Results-
Hacker B20:15L, TP 2100 3S1P
CG Location: 2.99" - 3.39" (top wing, leading edge)
AUW: 26.20 oz
Battery Location: Fully Forward (under motor mount, fully in cowl)

Hacker A30:28S, TP2100 3S1P
CG Location: 2.99" - 3.45" (top wing, leading edge)
AUW: 26.10 oz
Bettery Location: Fully Forward (under motor mount, fully in cowl)

Hacker A30:16M, TP2100 3S1P
CG Location: 3.59" - 4.02" (top wing, leading edge)
AUW: 27.30 oz
Battery Location: Forward (under motor mount, midway in cowl)

As a commitment to our high quality standards, we have also decided to monitor this thread on a weekly basis to assist our customers with questions or comments they may have. We will attempt to address all of your inquiries and appreciate your patience during this process. All of your positive contributions to this thread are also highly acknowledged.

At this time, there are no other major issues we are aware of and have experienced great flight/building reports from our Rogue 3D.

Email us your questions: [email protected]

Thank you again for all your support.

-Fliton

Last edited by FlitonUSA; Feb 27, 2006 at 02:47 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Feb 23, 2006, 03:37 AM
Permanently Banned
Why does the CG need to move forward on the last setup with the Hacker A30-16M?

Larry
Feb 23, 2006, 04:41 AM
anyone tried a nitro engine on it yet?
Feb 23, 2006, 04:51 AM
Team Broke
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuse
anyone tried a nitro engine on it yet?
nitro...
Feb 23, 2006, 07:01 AM
Registered Snoozer
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlitonUSA
At this time, there are no other major issues we are aware of and have experienced great flight/building reports from our Rogue 3D.
Could you share a flight report with us and give an idea of how the plane flies with the different power systems you mention? Are you planning on posting some video of the Rogue? Also, as Larry has asked, can you explain why the CG location would change based on the weight of the power system? Thanks.

Neil
Feb 23, 2006, 07:48 AM
LJH
LJH
Moths do not fly inverted
Quote:
Please take note of the below tests we have recently conducted to locate the proper CG.
This one confuses me as well, why would diffrent power systems nessitate diffrent CG ranges. The airframe does not care what is up front as long as the CG is in the right place.

Cheers,
Jim
Feb 23, 2006, 08:31 AM
in the last example the plane is heavier, perhaps needing a more forward CG to stop tip stalling problems.
Feb 23, 2006, 09:50 AM
My a30 16m with tp 2100 setup balances at 74-77mm from the leading edge of the top wing. it flys well there with the 2100 in the cowl as far foward as it will go. 3.01" from leading front. flitons numbers for the a30 16m could be very feasable.
Feb 23, 2006, 10:13 AM
Registered Snoozer
Quote:
Originally Posted by twohsieh
My a30 16m with tp 2100 setup balances at 74-77mm from the leading edge of the top wing. it flys well there with the 2100 in the cowl as far foward as it will go. 3.01" from leading front. flitons numbers for the a30 16m could be very feasable.
Well ... maybe. They say 2.82" with the battery "midway in cowl" and you're at 3.01" with the battery as far forward as it will go. I'm doubtful about Fliton's "rigorous" testing, but I guess we will hve to wait until next week to hear back from Edson since his committment is only to "monitor" this thread on a weekly basis. But more importantly, Paul is able to report that it flies well balanced at that point. To Paul and all others who have completed the model, please continue to post flight reports as you experiment with the CG so we can get an idea of the actual range.

Neil
Feb 23, 2006, 03:15 PM
89" Kool Aid drinker.
I am still wondering about the radial motor mount question that I posed in Kirby's thread. I have mocked up the mount on my Rogue and needed to turn it over, so that the interlocking tabs slid up into place on the firewall instead of down to get the motor in the right place for the cowl to fit. Is the manual wrong or is there something wrong with my Rogue?

Mike
Feb 23, 2006, 04:03 PM
just a correction on my previous post, I'm sorry slip of the mind this am. I have not flown the rogue with the TP 2100, its just balances there. I have only flow with a tanic pack 2200. sorry if anyone was misinformed. but the 3.01" is the balancing point with the TP2100.
Feb 23, 2006, 04:33 PM
Registered Snoozer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash McCrash
I am still wondering about the radial motor mount question that I posed in Kirby's thread. I have mocked up the mount on my Rogue and needed to turn it over, so that the interlocking tabs slid up into place on the firewall instead of down to get the motor in the right place for the cowl to fit. Is the manual wrong or is there something wrong with my Rogue?
Hi Mike:

So I take it that the motor shaft is too high to fit the cowl if the mount is installed according to the instructions? Do you maybe have two left sides or two right sides of the mount, or some variation on this? Remember our early adventures with the QS kits? Hopefully someone who has built the plane can help you out.

Neil
Feb 23, 2006, 04:45 PM
89" Kool Aid drinker.
Thats exactly what is happening... I have been talking with Kibry in PM about this. I will try to get some pix and show what I have happening. It's not a big deal to me which way I have to use it, as long as it looks right and flies right. I am just disappointed that there is as many apparent problems with their kits. With as nice as the kits are and how nice the manuals look, its frustrating having these problems. Fortunately I am not it a hurry to get this plane in the air, so I can wait for Fliton to get back to us here on the 'Group, but I feel a little sorry for the people who don't frequent these boards and get the wisdom of the Group mind that we share.

Mike
Feb 23, 2006, 05:20 PM
Registered Snoozer
If you are installing the mount upside down, are you then getting left thrust instead of right thrust? I haven't seen the kit yet so I don't know if this is true (and you probably figured it out), but I just thought I'd mention this.

Neil

Quick Reply