Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Feb 22, 2006, 11:21 PM
Stanley Chan
Thread OP
Link

Report on DLG contest in Hong Kong

Hi DLG guys,

Guess you would be interested to know the DLG activities in Hong Kong.

http://www.hkrcss.org/dlg_shamchung_06.html

Enjoy!
to remove ads between posts
Feb 23, 2006, 12:17 AM
what makes that thing go
Very cool pictures, particularly the launch sequences. It's looks like you guys had a great time.
Feb 23, 2006, 01:12 AM
db1
db1
don betz
Cool, thanks for sharing! I really like those launch composite shots!

You are not being very nice to poor Ah Kin. I think it is because he is lefty?

db
Feb 23, 2006, 01:19 AM
ASK
ASK
Activesoarer,
You are right, we are interested in DLG everywhere!
Thank you for posting the link with photos, movie, and English language captions.

Perhaps someday we can enjoy flying together.

Aradhana Singh Khalsa
Espanola, NM USA
Feb 23, 2006, 01:05 PM
Lift is good
You guys are having way too much fun!! Can we come too??
Feb 23, 2006, 01:22 PM
Will fly for food
OOOhhh so many Long Shots. Nice pics and keep us up to date with your next event.
Feb 23, 2006, 02:45 PM
slow but inefficient
Really nice!
Feb 23, 2006, 04:08 PM
(AKA) Boomerwankanobi
It is photos and stories like these that make me realize that, No matter what side of an ocean we are on that we are all so very much the same.

Thank you very much for putting this link up, alsmost felt like being there (Wish I was)

Stocker
Feb 23, 2006, 04:13 PM
Flying IS the hobby
Did you get a chance to download the little video?... very cool. located at the bottom of the page.

Jose
Feb 25, 2006, 04:04 PM
Activesoarer and friends

Very nice! Now here is an offer for you. I just posted this to the Brittish forum from BARCS but it applys to you as well
Good afternoon Gentlemen

I have a proposition for you. I'm pretty sure you have all heard of the "Polecat Challenge" (info at www.polecataero.com) I am trying to promote interest in dlg on the east coast of the US and have a contest in the east that is comparable to what Poway does for the west coast. We have top level competition with Poway winners, many of the top ten from poway, Dr. Drela and many other fine flyers. In the interest of promoting international competition and a with a prompt from Phil Barnes, I would like to make you the following offer. First off we can offer you top level competition, lunches provided at the field, clinics with the likes of Phil, Oleg, and Dr. Drela, a very nice BBQ on saturday night and a chance to compete with Americas best. However, we realize that it is a big decision and expense to attend a contest internationally. In order to ease some of that pain, Phil and I would like to offer you the opportunity to take home a brand new XP-4 kit! No, this is not a raffle! and does not apply to anyone from US, Mexico or Canada (North America) Each and everyone of you who attends and competes will go home with an XP-4 kit for FREE!
Plain and simple, make the effort, make the trip and compete with us and go home with a free XP-4 kit! No matter if one of you comes or 10 the offer stands.
Phil has been very generous in offering up the wings and Polecat will provide the rest of the kits.
This offer is open not only to Europe but the rest of the world so feel free to pass it on. There is one disclaimer. You must be a legitimate competitor, in other words you don't get one for the wife and each of the kids:-)))
If neccessary we can provide help with 72mh equipment to use while here or whatever, just ask.
There you go boys and girls, that is our best effort at promoting international competition:-)) Go ahead, take us up on it

Feb 25, 2006, 05:52 PM
what makes that thing go
Wowwy Zowwy, that should help dull the pain of the cost an overseas flight. Not to mention BBQ, I can picture one of the people flying back home in coach with a cardboard (XP4) box in there lap, and major BBQ indigestion.

Take care, Ploof
Feb 25, 2006, 08:14 PM
utt~oh's
way cool pics & video..... and a very gracious offer from Denny & Phil......
Feb 26, 2006, 07:35 AM
Stanley Chan
Thread OP
Hi dennymaize,

Thanks for your offer, it is very attactive!
It seems that June is a good time to travel as well.
The cost to travel from Hong Kong to US east coast is quite expensive, but I think some of the guys here may be interested in.
I will post your message to our forum to see whether we can get a team to come over.

What is the deadline for registering in the contest?

Cheers

Stanley
Feb 26, 2006, 08:23 AM
Hi Stanley

Would love to have you guys come over for the Challenge! I havn't set a cut off date yet and quite honestly have never turned any one away. Last year we even registered two guys on sunday morning who had come to watch and decided that they would like to try competition after watching on saturday. I suppose that as the contest continues to grow some sort of real cut off will have to be established in order to be able to get the group sorting done and proper preperarions made.
For now I will go with an unofficial cut off date of June 3rd. I doubt that anyone would be making international travel arrangements after that any way.
Also, If you know of any handlaunch forums besides this one and BARCS that the offer should be passed on to, feel free to do so or send me the link.

Thanks
Denny Maize
www.polecataero.com
Feb 26, 2006, 08:31 AM
wishes this caption was longe
denny-

here in the boondocks of Eastern NC seems like a different country! We have trouble writin' and readin' English. And I bet ya'll up north have trouble translatin' the way we talk, too!

-well, it was worth a shot!

seriously though, that's a mighty fine offer for our friends overseas!

\/\/ill

Quick Reply