Feb 14, 2006, 01:12 PM
Thread OP
Help!

i bought a mustang P-51 as my first

i live in chicago, i took it out yesterday just to make sure everything works, too scared to give it full throtle and take off cause i would not know how to land it, is there anyone here can help me? please email [email protected]
to remove ads between posts
Feb 18, 2006, 09:25 PM
Big P
gat a flight instuctor it will safe you cash. You can look on the AMA site and find a flying field close near you. http://www.modelaircraft.org/
Mar 01, 2006, 02:04 PM
Government is a fearful master
How much experience do you have? Are you just starting out or have you flown some and can keep the model out of the dirt but can't land? I've seen a few people learn to fly on a warbird but they took longer than usual to solo and required an instructor's intense attention all the time.
Mar 01, 2006, 02:57 PM
WHICH mustang did you get?

The new Hanger 9 PTS... might be OK with aid of an instructor. (its mostly a matter of convincing the instructor...)

Most of the other 4 channel mustangs are NOT good for beginners. Good way to make balsa splinters.

There's a couple of small foam construction mustangs that would be OK... The Cox "4 function " (right, left, and motor on or off) one essentially flys itself. The "pilot" just kind of guides it. The rudder is relatively ineffective (on purpose) so its hard to get in too much trouble.

Quick Reply