Jun 19, 2002, 07:02 PM

question about paint

First off...let me say that I know that this is not an electric question..but some of you guys fly glow as well..so here goes.

I am building my first glow plane and I am almost at the stage of painting it (FW-190a). I was wondering since I am going to have to put a clear flat 21st century coat on it (because I can not find any of the correct colors in a flat..only gloss) can the undercoats be a non fuel proof paint such as say rustolem spraypaint then shoot the whole thing with the fuelproof flat clear. Reason I ask is the fuel proof colors are about 8 dollars a can and rustolem is about 3.50 a can. I figured that since the top coat is fuel proof it might be ok...but thought I would ask you guys first. Thanks in advance

Lloyd
to remove ads between posts
Jun 20, 2002, 08:30 AM
So long as the clearcoat is compatible with the Rustoleum, this should work fine. Note that even without clear-coating, fully cured Rustoleum will stand up to just about anything but raw fuel.

Jim
Jun 20, 2002, 03:11 PM
I have moved this thread to Airplanes - Scale Modelling