Jun 19, 2002, 10:20 AM
Thread OP

Quick Question about foam planes

I just recieved my Bubble Bee kit and I am really looking forward to building. But I don't really want to use the glue that is supplied with foam planes because it doesn't seem to hold well and takes hours for it to dry. Will five min epoxy be safe to use on foam? What other glues are safe to use. My local hobby shop only carries zap a gap which I doubt is foam safe. Thanx for an info

Ryan
to remove ads between posts
Jun 19, 2002, 10:26 AM
SKINNI MINI flyer
Hey Ryan, Im not familar with the plane that you have, but i use 5 minute epoxy on all of my foam planes and it is perfect so far.
Other people use a brand of glue called probond. Try a search for probond and see what you get. I think you can get it at home improvement stores. Good luck.
Jun 19, 2002, 11:00 AM
I use Epoxy on all my foam planes some say it adds weight but if you use it with care and don't go crazy with it? Just make sure it is right before the stuff sets. I think the Probond is slow drying also?
Jun 19, 2002, 02:13 PM
You can use odorless CA which is foam safe. It also comes in "thin", "thick", and "gap filling" (aka. "medium") varieties.

I myself use SuperPhatic glue from David Lewis (www.homefly.com). It is lighter and stronger than CA. It is also easily cleaned off.

Jun Nolasco

Quick Reply