Homebuilt X-Twin/AeroAce Powered Micro Jets - Page 51 - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
May 12, 2006, 03:54 PM
The smaller the better...
I'm going to make a bellcrank 90 degree. Put pins in both points so I know it won't have an advantage one way or the other. The one pin head will sit on the scales and the other will go in the nose of my jet. The jet will be suspended by fishing line at the CG . Zero the scales and then full power.
Should be an accurate reading.

Comments?

Tony
to remove ads between posts
May 12, 2006, 03:59 PM
Does anyone know where I can buy the IRLML6401 Mosfets? I found one place that wants $8.98 ea. Every other place I can find has a min. $100-$300 min order. hklam in an older post said Farnell's had them for .50 ea. Big difference. The link to the site doesn't work anymore

Appreciate the help.

Tony
Last edited by MegaByte-2; May 12, 2006 at 04:05 PM.
May 12, 2006, 05:10 PM
Realtired User
Quote:
Originally Posted by colbyweb
Since Selfo hasn't been monitoring the thread and I know him I'll answer for you. He is a graphic designer and works for a sign shop. Unless he has gotten one since I last talked to him, that is not a laser cutter, it is a sign vinyl plotter that he uses at work He says with sharp blades it cuts depron very well. Nice to know since I see sign vinyl plotters on ebay cheap quite often. They can also be used for printing. One of these days I plan to buy one.
-Rick
I wonder if any of these cutters ( http://pazzles.com/compareproducts.php ) would work for thin depron. I read somewhere they can cut thin balsa (like 1/32in). Not sure if they are as robust as an industrial sign cutter, though.

Mark
May 12, 2006, 06:11 PM
smaller...NO smaller"
Heya thanks for the tidbit Rick.......but alas!
It is a CNC laser.....
24x30 bed running off of corel draw
I have access to this at work, sadly it is not mine!
I use it for all my prototyping and then send it off to my elves in the forest for .manufacturing in-mass.

rdaggett77>>> After a few hiccups with the manufacturer (slight imperfections but this is the curse of the picky!) we are back on track....
the order to the manu. and materials should be there in less than a week.....
after that its just a matter of his turn-around time...
sooo I will post a ship date AS SOON as I hear....
Thanks for everyones interest and patience.

May 12, 2006, 06:12 PM
Awesome, selfo.. I love it.
Thanks for the plan again.
May 12, 2006, 06:14 PM
smaller...NO smaller"
ha that was quick...

just post some pics ....( or did you )

enjoy!
May 12, 2006, 06:18 PM
not after you posted yours... not worthy...
I'll try to post mine later.
May 12, 2006, 10:25 PM
Micro Flyer, Big Poster
Is there a chance somebody could SELL those Selfo designed and CNC cut as kits???
May 12, 2006, 11:40 PM
smaller...NO smaller"
Pete never fear.......

the clock is ticking and everything is in motion!

selfo Jets

pop me a email at admin@selfo.com and Ill put you on the ever growing list.

'selfo
May 13, 2006, 12:04 AM
Help with selfo su-khoi.
got it to fly straight... as soon as i turn, i would lose altitude and eventually hit the groud.
what am i doing wrong?
May 13, 2006, 01:08 AM
selfo i tried out get the plans for the sukhoi but I couldn't print them on paper because of the size, how to do you get them so you can actully trace it onto some balsa and cut it
May 13, 2006, 07:17 AM
you have to use the right size of paper.
i don't know which size right on top of my head. I just let the printer picks out.

I cut it out then trace it on to-go boxes.
May 13, 2006, 07:17 AM
I still can't get the su-khoi to climb.
Any help?
May 13, 2006, 07:42 AM
CaptEvo;
The Selfo SU27 is a good flyer. If you are able to fly, you have the CG close. Since there is no surface controls used on the Tx, alerions, elevator, rudder, it is common to lose some altitude when turning. It sounds like your CG is just a bit to far forward or you need to bend in just a bit of up elevator. A good setup is to get the "no power" glide right, next fly with abt 1/2 power. It should fly level, a little nose up is nice. when you turn, you will lose some altitude, the tighter the turn, the more you lose. Then just level the wings and if to low just bump the throttle a bit and it should gain some altitude back. If its not climbing under full power, I'd do both just a little and go from there.

Tony
May 13, 2006, 08:08 AM
Thanks, Tony.
Where should the cg be?
I saw some vid of it, and i love how it flies.