Homebuilt X-Twin/AeroAce Powered Micro Jets - Page 3 - RC Groups
Feb 14, 2006, 12:54 PM
Restricted User
Sorry Bob, didn't read post 25 complete, i instantly scrolled down after having read this:

"BUT, it DOES have a mechanical servo to control the elevons, yes, it has operating, and controlable elevons, and a close look at the bottom view will disclose all of my secrets."

Should have read complete.
Please report yr. progress. That idea is brilliant.
Stephan
to remove ads between posts
Feb 14, 2006, 02:44 PM
Kat Builder
Hi Stephan...

Again, thanks for the kind words, and encouragement !

I have now completed (5 minutes ago) the control mod, useing thread instead of the carbon pushrods, and get almost 6 times the control movement.

I have also moved the cg back a whole bunch, and am waiting for the afternoon winds to die down here in LA.

I'll see if I can figure out how to upload a video of the elevons being moved by the differential thrust.

I can't wait for this evening...

Bob Reynolds
ComeUpHere
Feb 14, 2006, 04:27 PM
Kat Builder
Hi Folks...

This is my first attempt at uploading a video... The file I uploaded was in MPEG4, I hope that that is compatable with this system, and the potential downloaders.

I have a file conversion program, and should be able to translate it into something that will work (if this does not). What is the best and most convieniant file format for video on these threads...???

I'll try to post it now, and if it comes across, I'll post some conversation to go with it.

Bob Reynolds
ComeUpHere

https://www.rcgroups.com/gallery/sho...cat=500&page=1

Does THIS work... ??

It is in the Gallery as AA-Kat, if the above does not work.
Last edited by Bobber Bob; Feb 14, 2006 at 06:16 PM.
Feb 14, 2006, 04:59 PM
Team30 Micro EDF
place the movie online - like in your ISP web space, then put a link to it here

eg: http://mywebspace.myisp.com/themovie.mpg

and it will be able to get downloaded by us.
Feb 15, 2006, 11:08 AM
Kat Builder
Hi Folks...

I was wondering why the traffic died on this thread, then I noticed that I had added my video as an "edit", and not as a new reply, and that does not send out a notice of activity on this thread... dah... Sorry about that.

The video is posted on message #33 above, and is of a demonstration of the differential thrust motors powering/controlling the elevons.

It is now done with thread (a "pull-pull" system), and is VERY free in it's movements, and the response time from stick movement to elevon movement is pretty good (as visable in the video).

A "front" is coming through the LA area, and the wind was too high to try a flight this morning, but if it dies down, I'll give it a toss, and report back the results, whether good or bad...

Bob Reynolds
ComeUpHere
Feb 15, 2006, 11:25 AM
smaller...NO smaller"
iM STILL HERE......

indoor night is tomorrow and I hope to get some vids.......

wooohoooo
Feb 15, 2006, 03:22 PM
Restricted User
Bob, thanks for the video. Impressive. Please show us your new pull-pull arrangement.
Thanks
Stephan.
Feb 15, 2006, 03:48 PM
Team30 Micro EDF
Selfo,
It was too late and I had already done it... and yes it failed... only could manage a little above level flight at WOT. So back to "up thrust", which we can now state is a must.

I have an indoors night here too - so if a certain flying buddy is there I will see if he can grab some flight footage of it.
Feb 16, 2006, 11:27 PM
smaller...NO smaller"
holy schmolly it FLIES!!!!

heres the proof (sorry it from a digi camera)

anyhow, best of fun!!!!
puttin some kits together for the guys and gonna have a hayday!!!

video 1

video 2
Feb 17, 2006, 12:09 AM
Team30 Micro EDF
Well done selfo
A suggestion would be to get the angle of attack up higher and it will climb better during straight runs and won't lose so much height each turn
Feb 17, 2006, 12:18 AM
smaller...NO smaller"
das the end of the battery it climbs out at 1/2 thr. on up at about
15-20 degrees with no wash out/ramping just goes up or goes level or goes down. I dare say it flies perfect. Ill get more vids next time as Im going smaller and making a f15 muhahhahha
Feb 17, 2006, 12:33 AM
Team30 Micro EDF
Great! ignore my post then

An F15 you say, hmm??!! Go for it - the more examples of pusher jets, the better!
Feb 17, 2006, 12:49 AM
Nice video! Selfo do you have a profile plan of your sukhoi? You can post it in the thread for others to base their built from.

Guys, keep the builts coming!

hklam
Feb 17, 2006, 07:12 AM
smaller...NO smaller"
thanks guys !

I love the enthusiasm nitro!!

Ill keep everyone posted as to the progress on the f15,,,,,might be a few as we are going to laser some su27 kits and then prolly whack out the f15.......unless i can get off my rear and do both at the same time......

got 2 210 mah cells last night and super micro connectors....so should bump up the fun factor that much more!

ok here ya go Nitro....hehe
just so you know itll get up there"" no problem with this um.... reaaaallllyy high ceiling.....gotta love it.

did you find it just to the left of the light!