Homebuilt X-Twin/AeroAce Powered Micro Jets - Page 11 - RC Groups
Mar 02, 2006, 03:35 AM
RC-Kraut
Those jetdesigns could nicely and easily be powered up through two parallel sets of "guts" (same channel) with four motors. As I saw the vids they are all more or less slow and close to stalling and with short flight times. Therefore this uppowering would be really worth to get them faster and out of their incidence angle flying

Don't misunderstand me - those jets are shurely very difficult to be optimised and not so easy to get in flight. But your nice work could be "crowned" with more power resulting in more jetlike speed

Would mean for you jetpilots much more fun fer shure. I would like to see one of those fast going in videos

As I look for something for my backyard (flying slow and turning good) I don't go in jetconstructing - but enjoy to read your experiences her

As i read in a german forum, those 4 motored AAs/x-twins are real powerful rockets compared to standard designs. See: http://www.nottoxic.com/wapcc/xtwin/...opic.php?t=233

Power 'em up . . .
Last edited by relaxr; Mar 02, 2006 at 03:43 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Mar 02, 2006, 03:54 AM
Maybe rip apart one of those B2 bomber toys? theire slightly more powerfull, and can probably take a bigger jet more easily.
Mar 02, 2006, 09:08 AM
Kat Builder
Hi Folks...

It looks like things have changed with the Gallery, as I can not find a way to up load my video, as before.

No up-load, no video... Sorry

Bob Reynolds
ComeUpHere
Mar 02, 2006, 10:18 AM
Hey Bob,
I had lots of trouble with loading my videos.
I finally got it to work by posting a new thread on electric plane videos, then linked them to here, hope that works. Can't wait to see more videos.

Freak,
Those B2s are 45 buck at T R US. Have you found them cheaper.
I thought they might be the same set up so i didn't even consider it.

Relaxr
I want to verify something, if you have two rxs same channel and one tx both rxs will recieve a clean signal with out any mods to either rxs or tx.

Nitro
You still there? I would like the link for your actuator/third motor set up.

Thanks
Draco
Mar 02, 2006, 02:08 PM
RC-Kraut
Draco - you just mount 2 sets (of one channel) in one plane ! 4 motors, two Rx, two lipos. And: one Tx for that channel. They run exactly parallel Four motors: two in the center of the wing the others on the outsides. All in correct orientation. But prevent tipstalling! They tend to stall down because of the power. Dihedrals or elevons should be implemented. If they fly - they GO !

A german guy wrote, he was flying with an 4-engined in real windy wheather. Standing against the wind! Cool!

Should be no problem, just need two sets of guts.....

Byea
Mar 02, 2006, 03:03 PM
Ive got 2 of those bombers for sale. Theire brand new, but the batteries and chargers have gone missing. The thing takes 4 tiny 2/5 AAA 200mAh. NiMH cells, so I guess fitting it with lipo is a little tricky.

How about scrounging a couple off of ebay? I think you can get those motorcontrolled toys incredibly cheap from those chinese fellows.
Mar 02, 2006, 10:12 PM
Freak,
I just need replacement motors or upgraded ones if someones used some sucessfully.

Relaxr,
Thanks for the info
Mar 02, 2006, 10:38 PM
So, flame me, but, I was thinking about creating a twin ducted fan, with the a-a stuff- You know, sand /mold the props to give max thrust, left/right. Mebbe create your own props, out of your genius ( I know you are out there,Luke ), reduce length of prop, mebbe use a heat gun to give the 'optimum' angle of blade//thrust set up? Mylar, carbon fibre, low aspect ratio wing, slow, sweet, ooooh, you know what I am talking about. I'd do it, but, busy( bla-bla). My dream is an aerodynamicly perfect airframe that is slow,manouverable, and pretty (well, like a butterfly ). Sorry about the spelling.
Mar 03, 2006, 01:05 AM
RC-Kraut
Widgeteer- no prob! Built a butterflylike design based on balsa framing, coating with very light foils, profiles from depron, fuselage just a balsa stick, rear fins-feather just from very thin (sanded...) depron (like the AA originals). Span at about 10 inch (25 cm). Angle of wing about 3-4. Build as leightweight as possible. Have dihedrals. Reach an AUW < 20 gr, that means a real lightweight construction. Look at my posted planes of this style here around. A plane like this WILL fly slow, manoevrable and NICE. But don't touch it hard - it fragile. Those make lot of fun!

But again - built as light as possible: only small balsa sticks - just 5 profile ribs from depron (2-3mm), some "crushy" PE-foil (shopping bag -thiiiin), a 2x2mm fuselage stick. If not stable in raw builup, just "paint" all with whit glue, giving a little bit more stability and flexibility to the frame. Thats just approx. + 0,5-1 gr.

Good success
relaxr

PS: the dihedral is just a miracle for those planes. Yesterday I glued to the standard bipe small (1-1,5 inch) dihedrals from EPP (depron) to the upper wings. It flies more harmonic, turns more smooth, but close - more like a larger rc-plane -BEAUTIFUL !
Mar 04, 2006, 05:20 PM
smaller...NO smaller"
new f15 flying the selfoDESIGN colors

mitkid......hint hint gonna do one?

and Draco you should try the su-27 youll love it!

what are you into nitro??

here are some pics
btw thats a 3.7v 210 mah cell w/ connector
(sure beats waiting forever to charge!)

videos of this one soon....
Mar 04, 2006, 05:33 PM
Selfo that looks sharp....i may have to take apart one my my aa's and give this a go. Jeff
Mar 04, 2006, 05:46 PM
Soil Density Tester
Draco, I went to Target's to get a second AA and found an F16 with more powerful motors. I flew it in the dome last Saturday but it has nimh batts and they didn't last long at all. I just printed the Su27 plans and may try one with those motors and Lipos.

The dome in your video looks like White Pines. If so, I will probably see you there tonight. I fly the red AA and usually pull a 4' streamer which no one has managed to clip yet and it has wheels which replaced the penny I was using for weight in the front.
Last edited by TexasAce; Mar 04, 2006 at 05:49 PM. Reason: kant spail
Mar 04, 2006, 05:48 PM
Damn that jet looks hot. :P But whats that stuff im hearing about motors burning out?
Mar 04, 2006, 06:40 PM
Selfo,

That's sweet, Did you use colored tape or paint?
I have lost of Nitro stuff not electric.

I have a new F-15 and the SU 27 cut up.
I'm a little upset, I originally bought 3 Xtwins right after seen a red one at the dome, I think it belongs to TexasAce. well i gave one to my brother a payment for going to the dome and filming my F-15 with AA parts, sound familiar LOL.
The parts i used on the f-15 are pretty much worn and beat up, motors are weak, won't turn left, and i ripped off the antena.
that leaves me with my daily flyer witch has developed a signal problem, It won't go more than 5 ft away without loosing the signal and its not the batteries. tried that. I'm not very good with a soldering iron so mods are n/a.
100 bucks down the drain and it hasn't been a week. LOL not. LOL

Texas,
I'll see you at the dome tonight, I'm sure you will recognize me.

Freak,
I definetly think the motors do wear out, and are affected by the inpacts with whatever you hit. LOL

Thanks
Draco
Mar 04, 2006, 08:18 PM
Purdue Engineering
I have just finished building a ~10.5" Mig 29 with the AA gear out of FFF sliced in half. However, it is a little heavy at 25 grams. It seems like it will still fly, but has any other aeroace powered jet flown at this weight? I'll post some pics later.

Rocketman1092