Mar 31, 2006, 09:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SON OF PALEFACE
U will need matching props , but 1 needs 2 B reverse pitch
Hey Scott , I still havent got mine yet , when did U post them ??????
Hi,

I think Mon. The post office will not give a tracking number for International shipping. I sent them Air and it was like $5.50 for your box.

Have fun with them and let me know how they work out?

Thanks
Scott
to remove ads between posts
Mar 31, 2006, 11:13 PM
Jimfrisky
Cool Makes Sence Thank You! Can Hardly Wait For Sound !
Apr 01, 2006, 06:23 AM
Go FASST or go home...
Quote:
Originally Posted by R&RRC
I did a twin outrunner design on my F-14.

I used two Hyperion 2205-34 outrunners controlled individually by their own Phx 10. With such a nice model, I was concerned with one motor shuting off in mid-flight. Both motors are powered by one 2100 3Cell. The reason for this is if you ran two batteries, (one to each motor) and one of them went out, for a split second, you would have more thrust on one side than the other. By running one battery they would both quit at the same time and allow for a nice safe glide down in the worst case scenerio.
I don't think you should worry about differiental thrust in the case of one stopping either for a split of a second or permanently! I have a Concorde pusher with two motors, one on each side, and I have lost one of the props. I could still fly with one and had no problems with stability in air. With your F-14 I think the props are so close to each other that you won't even notice apart from the lack of thrust.

Ben_E
Apr 01, 2006, 08:40 AM
Jimfrisky
Thanks Ben. Oh boy tell us about that beautiful concord
Apr 01, 2006, 09:07 AM
Go FASST or go home...
Quote:
Originally Posted by JIMFRISKY
Thanks Ben. Oh boy tell us about that beautiful concord
Build thread is here with plans and everyhing!

I have been thinking of making a larger Concorde with two LS Park Jet Specials

Ben_E
Apr 01, 2006, 10:25 AM
Now your talking! Heck put 4 on there

Scott
Apr 02, 2006, 04:37 PM
Planes, need more planes

smoked my first one

I recieved my 3 Park Jet specials on Saturday afternoon and installed one on my su-27xxl with a 20 amp ESC, powered with a thunder power 3 cell 920mah lipo. I installed a 7x6 apc prop and when I tested it a put the juice to it, it seemed to run a little slow compared to what I have heard, however it nearly caught on fire (literally) after about 15 seconds. I let it cool down, changed ESCs and lipo, ran it for 5 seconds at 25 percent and it was hot enough to burn me.

What the heck did I do wrong? I was running my old rimfire outrunner with no problems whatsoever with the very same setup. What am I doing wrong? I have two other J.P.s (I have not yet used) and I am concerned for the other two.
Apr 02, 2006, 05:11 PM
Park Jet Guru
Thread OP
Ouch! Well, I'll have to let Bob or Scott answer this question definitively but I'm betting the 7x6 prop was too big for this motor. Bob recommends using a 4.75x5.5 to 6x5.5 prop max. I pushed it a little by installing a 7x3.5, but verified on a Wattmeter first that it didn't exceed the 18 amp limit of this motor. A 7x6 is almost certainly over that limit and is probably what fried the motor...

Note the Rimfire has a much lower Kv than this motor so it doesn't use as much current on the same prop.

Steve
Apr 02, 2006, 05:32 PM
Ozzie Express wiggy pilot
The prop is way too much , I agree with Jetset
Apr 02, 2006, 05:35 PM
Planes, need more planes
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetset44
Ouch! Well, I'll have to let Bob or Scott answer this question definitively but I'm betting the 7x6 prop was too big for this motor. Bob recommends using a 4.75x5.5 to 6x5.5 prop max. I pushed it a little by installing a 7x3.5, but verified on a Wattmeter first that it didn't exceed the 18 amp limit of this motor. A 7x6 is almost certainly over that limit and is probably what fried the motor...

Note the Rimfire has a much lower Kv than this motor so it doesn't use as much current on the same prop.

Steve
Thanks Steve, oh well live and learn. I did'n t get any directions with the motor, I guess I should have read up on it in the forums here. Thanks again for the input.

By the way I am about finished with your f-14 I got through 6mm RC, Thanks for the great design.
Ed
Apr 03, 2006, 01:44 PM
Jimfrisky
Hey Guys For Little Screamers Web Site Is Up And Running You Can Buy There Now!
Apr 03, 2006, 02:23 PM
HI,
I will replace that motor no problem! I will re-build it. Also max prop 6x5.5. I am very sorry for you not receiving the info sheet with them.
I have not made up the insert but will do it this week.

Again sorry about that.

Scott
call me at (425) 971-9121
Apr 03, 2006, 02:24 PM
First time I seen one look like that?
Buddy was cooking for sure.

Scott
Apr 03, 2006, 02:26 PM
Still Screamin'!
Hi flyguide7,
Too bad about that! On the SU-27XXL it is not a fast plane anyway. I know guys that are using this motor on that plane with an APC 6x4 and it's perfect! Vertical for days, and as fast as that airframe can go. Try it again with the 6x4 and reply back
Apr 04, 2006, 08:47 AM
Planes, need more planes
I spoke with Scott at Little Screamers, Awesome support! I will continue to recommend their fine products to all my r/c pals.

Scott kindly offered to rebuild my motor. Which I will send out today.

Question is the LSPJ enough motor for my 6MM RC F-14? I am finishing that project so it will be available to maiden this weekend, weather permitting.

I installed a 5x 4 prop on my SU-27 with the LS PJ Special and oh my word! Scary power! I cant wait to fly it. I was pulling 13.3 amps at WOT. And after about 1 minute of run time, it was not even warm.

Quick Reply