Feb 09, 2006, 08:54 PM
"woof"
Thread OP
Guys... I appreciate the support! I thought it was kinda funny if you do a search on the internet for Tower Pro..the results are numerous! Being a smart company that has lasted 3 years in this competitive market, we have decided to introduce a new motor.....

......2dog 21 SuperMotor....

I bet the prices from Tower will be going up with all the lawyer fees for all these letters!

Ps..Anybody know if Super is trademarked by Superman or DC comics?

hehehe!
to remove ads between posts
Feb 09, 2006, 09:04 PM
Crazy Cessna Owner
it must be a trademark somewhere, these products are all over ebay, surely you cannot be singled out, like others have said, you are only a reseller.
Feb 09, 2006, 09:11 PM
Electric Hippy
Towerhobbies is crossed off my vendor list.
Feb 09, 2006, 10:03 PM
Robbie - where exactly do you think this stuff is made? What kind of trademarkl laws do you think they have there? How many US jobs are lost each year to those places where IP law is a (pardon the pun) a foreign concept??

BTW, I'm introducing a new line of Made in Slave Labor China RC product called 2DogRCPro. I'll sell on eBay. And it is gonna be really cheap and really poor quality. Think anyone will mind??
Feb 09, 2006, 10:35 PM
rutat, this isnt about international policy, its about pettiness and low-blow competition. Quit spinning.
Feb 09, 2006, 10:45 PM
hey rutat,

what is the point of going after the reseller when these corporate guys
could just lobby their politicos and get them to put some checks and
balances in the globalization garbage they sell us ad nauseum as the best
thing since castor oil ?

It seems to me they want it both ways...get the poor over there to
produce the stuff they're going to sell en masse for profits way over
margin but lo and behold if someone from our middle class tries to
benefit from these low production costs while he/she lives off the
margin profit-wise.

So, 2dogrc to the guillotine for daring to believe that this was supposed to
be a free market where trademark infringements are disputed between the
infringer and the claimant of the trademark.

I wish this thread appeared before my last order from Tower Hobby.

Peter
Feb 09, 2006, 10:51 PM
Flying motor mount master
2dogrc-

Funny I thought I saw that name somewhere recently....

Anyway, here is your course of action since TH wants to be .

1) Don't do anything - they have to file and spend $$$
2) Delay, Delay, Delay... don't hire a lawyer just keep asking for continuances
3) Finally when you've ticked them off real bad offer to settle if they pay your legal fees.

Laugh all the way to the bank...
fb
Feb 09, 2006, 11:08 PM
Brunswick, Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2dogrc
we have decided to introduce a new motor.....

Good decision, not worth the time and trouble to worry about it and as evidenced by the posts here they may have a point. You're far better off to put your efforts into selling products not defending the name of a single product.

As for Tower, I don't blame them at all for looking out for their name. It's what they should do as a business.

Jim
Feb 10, 2006, 12:21 AM
Do you think that Milton Bradley sued Dominoes Pizza?

This seems pretty dumb to me and will surely be thrown out of any reputable court of law (If it ever went that far). Both companies have the word "Tower" in their name....Big deal.

I think Tower Pro every time I see a TP lipo pack for sale....Am I the only one? Maybe Thunder Power will sue as well.
Feb 10, 2006, 12:41 AM
Seeing the Farside.
lol, you totally should have mocked them and named it... "Tow R' Pro"

hahah, that would have got them steaming mad... but made thier claims worthless.
Feb 10, 2006, 01:17 AM
WWW.RITEHOBBY.COM
actually towerpro isn't TowerPro but ToWerpro.

is it safe now?

Jun
Feb 10, 2006, 01:25 AM
WWW.RITEHOBBY.COM
BTW: there is no towerpro on the label of the motor.

it only says brushless motor 2408-21

Jun
Feb 10, 2006, 05:23 AM
Most people have heard from the Tower Pro brand by now, it is a generally known name around rcgroups. Why not just rename them to TP motors?
Feb 10, 2006, 08:53 AM
TP? Like the stuff you use to wipe your...? Frankly I think Tower Pro is is a silly name for RC stuff. There are some great names in RC - Airtronics, etc. TP ain't one of them.

And no JohnReid it would not get tossed out of court. Anyone remember Exxon forcing Minolta cameras to remove the interlinked XXs? Heck - that was two letters not a whole name copy.
Feb 10, 2006, 09:32 AM
RC Geek
I guess I am in the same court as Rutat, and have always thought the Tower Pro name was leveraging on the reputation of Tower Hobbies as it relates to the RC Industry.

Again, I am looking at not the word Tower, but the name as it applies to this particular product family.

_Scott

Quick Reply