This thread is privately moderated by target, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Feb 08, 2006, 12:00 AM
Detail Freak
Thread OP
Discussion

The Eagle has landed

Just completed an old Airtronics RG-15 Eagle kit I found on Ebay. Maiden took place at White Point in San Pedro in about 5mph of slope lift. Everything went pretty well, except for right after the launch, when the plane was ballooning abit, due to the elevator trim being about 6 clicks off.
Landing was a non event, with my trusty EVO 9; I used the "digi adjuster" to set the elevator compensation for the "crow" in the landing mode, whil the plane was up.
It is one smooth flying bird! I am looking forward to my very first winch launch in a couple weeks at Field of Dreams, the S.U.L.A. club field.

T
to remove ads between posts
Feb 08, 2006, 11:18 AM
York Electronics
If you don't mind me asking, what did you give for the Eagle? I'd love to find a 'new' one.

Gary
--
Feb 08, 2006, 11:57 AM
Detail Freak
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Warner
If you don't mind me asking, what did you give for the Eagle? I'd love to find a 'new' one.

Gary
--

Hi, Gary.

I found this on EBay. Fortunately, the man selling it was a real modeler, who wasn't as interested in making money, as seeing it get to a owner that would build and fly it.

It was only on auction for a few hours, and he had given the "Buy it Now" option for $150, which I did, after he sent me pics of the "damaged area". That damage was just a little discoloration on one of the pre-sheeted stabilizers. Shipping ended up being about double what the online calculators showed, and I ended up sending the gentleman more money to cover the difference after I recieved the kit in good shape. He did a "stellar" job of packing it! I think the total shipping was about $40.

The only other problem I encountered was that the fuse had a twist in it, that I removed by wrapping the tailboom with a dishrag, and pouring near-boiling water over it, and twisting it back to a straight condition.
Next up, I'm looking to get some extra light tail feathers for it, to remove more nose weight. That should help me save 4-5 oz, I think.

Good luck in your search.

Now, I need to get my F3B Eagle built! That one will have SD-7003 wings, vacuum bagged. That will make an awesome Man on Man Slope racer! And if I make some wings with an other secret foil, a great F3F slope racer, too.

Thanks for the interest.

Target
Feb 09, 2006, 09:19 PM
Fun ain't cheap!
Target,
Good to see you got the old bird up in the air, I love the way the old Mark Allen designs look in the air....yeah get going on the F3B Eagle now.

Droydx
Feb 09, 2006, 11:43 PM
Detail Freak
Thread OP
Thanks, Andy.
Great to have some friends showing some interest!
I'm looking forward to the first winch launch both for me, and the plane....
I hope that both of us do well.

T
Feb 14, 2006, 12:48 AM
Der Haifisch!! R.I.P.
Winch Launch?? Sounds like TD to me... I am interested, and my Hades is begging to go off of a winch... I need to find someone in N. San Diego county that has a winch and will provide some adult supervision... I live ten minutes from Larry Jolly... but our schedules are always packed..

BD
Feb 14, 2006, 08:02 AM
Detail Freak
Thread OP
Yep. Winch launch.
I live about 5 minutes from S.U.L.A.'s new field, they fly 2 Sundays a month. More stick time.

T
Feb 14, 2006, 06:36 PM
Der Haifisch!! R.I.P.
I would be interested in more stick time, thats for certain...

BD

Quick Reply