Feb 07, 2006, 10:19 AM
Utah Flyers
Thread OP
Discussion

Weber County Flying

Hey anyone interested in some combat or flying in the Weber or Davis area?

Im looking for some good places to fly preferably in South Ogden and an area where I dont need an ama license.
Last edited by natetanr; Apr 25, 2010 at 08:41 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Feb 07, 2006, 04:25 PM
I travel to Weber County on a regular basis and could fly at lunch when I'm up your direction. I get to the Ogden area about 2-3 times a week. I know there is a group that flys at a park? at around 31st street and 1900 W. I can go scope it out one of these days.

Dave
Feb 07, 2006, 04:55 PM
Utah Flyers
Thread OP
I work in Salt Lake. Are you in Ogden on the weekends?
Feb 07, 2006, 07:56 PM
hot air rises...
I work in Bountiful and would love to fly during lunch, but Ogden is too far away.
Feb 07, 2006, 08:49 PM
My office is in Salt Lake too. I have a job I'm working on in Ogden so I'm usually there during the week. I drove around Salt Lake last week looking for a good place to fly, without success. I drove out to Taylorsville but that is a little far to drive without taking an extra long lunch. I'd love to find someplace close to Downtown.
Feb 24, 2006, 01:13 PM
Jeremy D Stott
I'm in Ogden and we normally fly at the business depot on 12th street. There are plenty of large parks around also. There is a church at the top of the side of Weber canyon that gives good updraft during a southwind. I could fly evenings and weekends. Let me know if you're up for it.

J
Feb 24, 2006, 11:25 PM
Hello fellow Utes! I'm in Bountiful and am flying by Parkzone Cub (electric) at the softball fields in Centerville (can see it from I15). I'm looking to find a better place where I can practice runway take offs and landings. Just came across the WAM flying facility in Syracuse, but seems pricey to join there club, plus join AMA. Sheesh!
Feb 25, 2006, 02:25 AM
Have you tried Centerville Jr. High? Haven't been there in a long time, but if memory serves (and things haven't drastically changed) there is quite a bit of room to fly behind the school.

Dave
Feb 25, 2006, 10:11 PM
Utah Flyers
Thread OP
Met JStott over at the Ogden Business Depot wow lots of open space to fly!! Had lots of fun almost got in a hit. Zagi vs Wild Wing. We need to gather together more weber county flyers so we can get some good combat going. Also met his friends and watched them fly there slowstick. Im going to see if I can get a hot wire cutter setup so we can start recruiting people in the North. Good to meet you Jeremy!!
Mar 02, 2006, 05:03 PM
Jeremy D Stott
Thanks Nate. Glad to meet you. Definately lots of room up here. Maybe a little far for Bountiful and Centervile flyers. There are streets for runways that are plenty smooth for even small electrics. I even fly my gas bipe out here (.46 size). I hope we can get a bunch of flyers up here to do some combat or fun fly.

Cub nut -
I used to live in Centerville (last flew there a year and a half ago) and Centervilee Junior High has a large backyard to fly in like Dave said. They have signs that say "authorized use only" but just fly on the weekend or when they're not holding any practices. The parking lot is now fenced off so it could be hard to land and take off. I would try ROGs with a small electric. also head west towards the lake and the open fields. I also go out to west farmington where my inlaws live past the new homes and can find a street and tons of open space there.

Have fun flying!

Jeremy
Mar 11, 2006, 11:15 AM
Utah Flyers
Thread OP
Jeremy are you going to do any flying today? If so I will meet you at the Ogden Business Depot.
Mar 11, 2006, 08:19 PM
Jeremy D Stott
Sorry, I didn't get out today. I was wimpin out with this wind and cold. I have all next week to fly because I'm off for spring break. I'll definately fly Saturday also. Shoot me an email or reply to this during the week or call me. If you don't have my cell #, let me know and I can email it to you. I don't usually check my computer on the weekends unless there's a big ebay deal.

I noticed there was a window of warm air and little wind about 4-ish in the afternoon. I hope you had fun. Let me know if you froze.

Jeremy
Mar 12, 2006, 12:26 PM
Utah Flyers
Thread OP
Flying was good but would be funner with other flyers. I was flying from 2-4 actually pretty good weather. I'll plan on flying Saturday afternoon. PM me with your cell number.
Mar 19, 2006, 04:43 AM
Flying Free

Fly by the "B"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfinch
I work in Bountiful and would love to fly during lunch, but Ogden is too far away.
I'm in Farmington, but I have flown in Bountiful before. On weekdays during school a good place to fly is by the "B". There is a large dirt parking area and hills you can fly off of. Another place to fly is at the fields behind Bountiful junior high near the bountiful bubble. If you drive up to kaysville, Barnes park is a great place to fly.

Hey, guys, as soon as I get my Unicorn combat ready, it would be great to hook up for some combat. Or are you guys flying Wild Wings?
Eric
Mar 22, 2006, 04:37 PM
Utah Flyers
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by erashby
I'm in Farmington, but I have flown in Bountiful before. On weekdays during school a good place to fly is by the "B". There is a large dirt parking area and hills you can fly off of. Another place to fly is at the fields behind Bountiful junior high near the bountiful bubble. If you drive up to kaysville, Barnes park is a great place to fly.

Hey, guys, as soon as I get my Unicorn combat ready, it would be great to hook up for some combat. Or are you guys flying Wild Wings?
Eric
Im flying a wild wing but wouldnt mind a larger target! If we get a big group of people flying together a make a habbit out of it then I would like to get a unicorn or wild wing "SR." (recently named the buzzard) as well.
Last edited by natetanr; Mar 23, 2006 at 03:09 PM.

Quick Reply