This thread is privately moderated by OhioPete, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Feb 07, 2006, 10:11 AM
Lazy dog
Thread OP
Data

Current Builds, Mods and Build Pile List

Current builds on the workbench ****UPDATED 7/16/06****

-Received my new Futaba 9CAP Transmitter from ServoCity on 5-15-06. Has a lot more features than my Optic 6. I think I'll set up one TX (9CAP) for my DLG's and Gliders and use the Optic 6 for my "regular planes". Now I have to learn how to program it!

-Art Hobby Hybrid DLG - See build log

Build Pile

-QuickFlickII Discus Launched Glider - have a new short kit coming to build the wings w/o a warp this time

Built planes
-Goldberg Gentle Lady Glider - flies great!

EdgeRC Overlord 48" wing - Maidened it a few weeks ago, flies great.* Upgraded to a Warp4 4 turn, more speed!

Multiplex Easy Glider - Maidened it April 10th (my B-Day). First time ever using a highstart. It flew fine although there was no breeze or lift. No surprises.

Cox Micro Warbird - Spitfire - built in one evening, quick build. I'm using 2 GWS pico servos, 5 amp esc, GWS 4 channel RX and an Etec 2S 450 Mah battery. Balances fine, no dead weight needed. Still have to maiden.

E-Flite Ascent Powered Glider (bought from The Don - 3/11/06) - ready to fly now, need to maiden. 4-2-06 - maidened and crashed within about 2 seconds . Not sure what happened but it dove in hard from about 20 feet up. Servo was not reversed. Rebuilt - new speed 400 motor (bent the shaft on original) and had to re-epoxy the firewall since it broke free on impact. Ready for a re-maiden, hopefully with better success ***UPDATE - Re-maiden went well, came home in one piece.

Guillows Cessna BirdDog - Rubber-powered. - I'll probably never fly it but it was a fun winter project.

Multiplex Easystar - my first RC plane, still flying!

GWS Beaver w/floats (Sold to NanoSio2 as of 4-15-06)

GWS E-Starter - semi-retired. The control horn area of the rudder broke several times from rough handling (not crashes). I'll have to get creative if I want to fix it again as much of the foam in that area is missing and or almost soild epoxy. My first aileron plane and only plane I've never crashed.

Gene Bond IPS Mustang - flew a few times, had fun but stole the servos and ESC for another project.

E-Flite Blade CX Helicopter (fly at work on breaks in the warehouse )

EdgeRC Pocket Combat Wing - April-10 maiden flight. Flew great, bounced it in a few times after trying multiple rolls and forgetting which way is up. Bounces well Finally broke a control horn but have reglued it so I'm ready to go again. Fun little flyer!

Mountain Models DL50 - see Flight Log.

GWS Formosa with self-wound double stator BL motor (~100 watts) - Maiden flight was April 10th. Flew fine, turns on a dime! Just enough power to have fun but could always use just a little more for better vertical performance. Very satisfied.

GWS Spitfire - Flew o.k, looked great but waiting for a brushless motor upgrade to fly like it should. **Bought a BL Feigo w/ gearbox at the Toldeo Show. Flew it again April 10th. The power is better but at most "Scale Speed". Easy to fly. Not bad for a $21.00 BL motor.

GWS Zero - scrap pile. Mashed it one too many times. My first warbird.

GWS A-10 (recieved second hand after crash. Fixed..crashed..fixed...one motor gave out 20 feet after a handlaunch, nosedived into ground..removed reusuable parts..scrap pile )

Foamtastic ParkShark - one of my first planes, great little slow flyer that the kids loved. Still have it but yanked the servos and esc for other projects. Maybe rebuilt once the kids start showing interest in learning to fly RC with me.
Last edited by OhioPete; Jul 16, 2006 at 08:51 PM.
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply