Feb 05, 2006, 12:19 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

E Flite Ultimate rises from the ashes

So The bad news... I bought I 2nd Hand E Flite Ultimate in ok condition but it was suffering from fatigue from the toque of the 370 geared BL and after one plunk onto the ground the mound sheared off and the gears striped

The set up
900mah 11.1v Li Po
370 E Flite Brushless
4 Feather Light Servos
18a ESC
Jet 5ch Receiver

So I went out and bout a Thunder Tiger Christian Eagle....

But I still had a good air frame and lots of left over gear. So I got thinking ... Then it came to me in a vision.. after a few beers. (10pm)

I took the bottom with off ripped out the 2 carbon rods cut a rudder out of the top wing and got a bit of balsa wood, epoxy, superglue and some cotton string

By 3am I had this….. ok ok its not going to win any beauty awards but you have a beautiful back yard flyer that when you want should be pretty fast…..
to remove ads between posts
Feb 05, 2006, 12:21 PM
Thread OP

Part 2

Now how did I do it well it was really easy just cut slit in the middle of the wing wire cutters to deal with the carbon fiber spa epoxy it on the under carriage was wrapped with the cotton string and super glued.. turned out stronger that I though bit of balsa at the front the sip tie the motor.

Now this plane was built late in the evening and a few beers later its done all looking pretty square so in theory it should fly it dose not weigh to much. My only worry was that when wings might be to small.

So take it out side my house all looks good give it a fast test all appears to be in good order well full throttle skirts down the run way up up up up and the its going down down and right right and im going I finally get it under controll and away we go zooming arond the place.. flys really well better than I expected rools and loops all very good

And it fly’s I will post a vid next flight attempt.

Quick Reply