Nov 17, 2015, 04:39 AM
A geriatric flier
Quote:
Originally Posted by iadamz
Yes an updated Acromaster is a much needed hole in the industry.
I agree. I have had an Acromaster in my flight line for some years and it gets flown regularly in the back paddock. It's tough, doesn't mind a rough strip and 2200 mAh batteries are a dime a dozen. I know there is no comparison as far as plane types are concerned but I enjoy flying it as much as any of my Sebart, PA and Extreme flight planes.

I have tried a Parkmaster but always go back to the Acromaster. I would like one with the ply stiffener and motor mount which are now employed in the Tucan, Funcub XL and Rockstar. Way back in this thread a forumite designed a ply stiffener and I always said to myself when I demolish the Acromaster I have I will build another one with the ply stiffener and incorporate a motor mount. The only problem is, they do not seem to die.
to remove ads between posts
Nov 17, 2015, 07:56 AM
I just bought up some of the last acromaster parts available from BP Hobbies. With a $50 investment I have enough parts to build another sans the decals. The original will probably never need replaced, LOL.
Those ply stiffeners are on ebay.
A very capable and smooth sport plane, just love mine.
Dec 04, 2015, 10:20 PM
Ordered one yesterday at towers sale....87.99 delivered, can't beat it! With a little work it'll be a fun plane for sure
Dec 05, 2015, 12:50 AM
A geriatric flier
For a PDF file of a ply motor mount go to post # 2010. You will also find photos and discussion around this post about installation.
Dec 05, 2015, 08:49 AM
I kept the mount in front of the motor but made up a ply version that had four points of contact.
Put in a top and bottom block for it to screw to and used a good motor.

I cannot stress too much that you use a quality smooth motor in this plane and balance your prop.

I wasted weeks screwing around with a crappy motor, I wont say where I bought it but after they sent me a replacement and that one was just as bad I got my money back and bought:

SunnySky X2820 KV1100 Brushless Motor

A world of difference!!!

Smooth as silk now.
Aug 23, 2016, 05:10 PM
I just ordered one the last NIB models from headsuphobby!
Ive wanted one for a longest time, not sure why I ordered it now ... years later but, i did! Ive been reading the posts...
Sep 01, 2016, 04:09 PM

Done

,,,now to wait out this tropical storm turned hurricane!
Sep 01, 2016, 07:27 PM
Looks great! Fantastic plane. I still got mine after 6 yrs. flies awesome.
Sep 01, 2016, 07:36 PM
All Thumbs
I still have two of these. One to crash and one as a spare.

I originally bought them because I was so impressed with my other Multiplex planes – a Fun Cub and a Parkmaster 3D – and wasn't disappointed.

Next on my list: upgrade the electronics to DMSS and install power pack telemetry.

Something to look forward to.
Last edited by FunPilot; Sep 01, 2016 at 07:47 PM.
Sep 02, 2016, 08:37 PM
Stand by here come banana
Wow nice little foamy
Jan 14, 2017, 12:55 PM
Spotty Herbert
I bought a secondhand Acro master and flew it for the first time today. It flew but the motor vibrated like a road drill and I couldn't use more than half throttle. I see it's a known issue and I'm grateful to the poster above who directed us to post 2010 for a fix. Just gonna check that out
Jan 24, 2017, 09:44 AM
Master of the figure 9

Mar 21, 2017, 02:03 AM
I was born to FLY
Multiplex Acromaster 3D Flying at very windy afternoon (6 min 6 sec)
Mar 21, 2017, 02:25 PM
http://roys-rc-tv.webs.com/
Nice flying Mac
Reminds me I need to dust mine off
Mar 21, 2017, 11:32 PM
Fly Fly Fly Crash
I dusted mine off , well I dusted off the whole motor and fiber glassed a nose cone on it. NO MOTOR. Its now a sloper and it flies pretty well. Everyone said it wouldn't fly, but it did .

Quick Reply