This thread is privately moderated by mharms, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Feb 05, 2006, 02:36 AM
Thread OP
Discussion

Flying in the Wind

A bit windy over at Rancho San Antonio for my little "Q-Wing", but I got in some flying time this afternoon. Considering that she weighs 21g, has wingspan of about 13 inches, and has just a 7mm pager motor, she did pretty well.

The wind was around 7 or 8mph (I remembered to bring my wind meter thingie today) with gusts. I'd say that's the max wind she can reasonably fly in. If I kept straight into the wind, I could make slow forward progress, but if I got turned even a little bit to the side, she'd go squirting off to the side. Caught some major lift in a few spots and got her pretty high, close to 500ft I'd guess (that's high for this little plane). I'm amazed at the range of this little Plantraco 900MHz TX/RX system. Its not just for indoor!

Maybe tomorrow morning the wind will be less. All 3 of my batteries are now charged up... just waiting.

Here's some pics of my Q-Wing from a few days ago (another windy day).
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply