Build & fly thread : WindRider Airliner - Big scale PSS - Page 7 - RC Groups
Mar 18, 2006, 06:03 PM
I failed linkage geometry

Some inspiration

G'day all,

Imentioned that my mate Max who has my second Airbus took it to Camperdown and flew its ring off.

Unfortunately, I wasn't able to make it down there.

I must say it does look magnificent.

Thanks to Barry Law for the photos.

Glenn
to remove ads between posts
Mar 18, 2006, 06:18 PM

More.......

Just a reminder of Max's build:

Covered in signwriters vinyl.
No wing spar - no magnets for wing retention
He has left the wing tiplets off because of our experience of them constantly breaking during storage and transport on our A320

Glenn
Mar 18, 2006, 06:25 PM

Flying

Looks good eh?
Mar 18, 2006, 06:28 PM

More flying

And finally....
Mar 18, 2006, 06:46 PM
Member: GSPL
Nice

Jeff
Mar 18, 2006, 08:15 PM
GLENN.

I have the greatest admiration for your tackling the Airbus Demo Planes blue tail decoration. Too complicated for me. I am still hung up on the decoration of my EDF Models 303 (configured as a Boeing 777-200)

Max's Qantas decoration is very scale and his plane looks stunning in the Air.

All the tradesmen have gone away after 6 months of Renos and my family has left for the farm for five days, so perhaps I can now start on my Airliner.

I have kept my decoration even simpler with only the Qantas logo and a Red Kangaroo on the fin. Am not even covering it, just spraying white after lightly sanding with fine paper, plus the supplied decals of course.

No plans to power it at this stage. Perhaps the second one!!!

Cheers. Patrick.
Mar 18, 2006, 08:27 PM
Patrick,

You are definately a man of good taste when it comes to models.

I too have a E303 model waiting for me to build.

Glenn
Mar 18, 2006, 10:54 PM
GLENN.

Having got into the Blue Corporate colours one, I can tell you it is a can of worms. Four different Blues and Two whites. Not to mention all those stripes on the rear fuse sides.
This is as far as I have got.---

Have also done engine nacelles and found they were best masked and sprayed from the insides.

Cheers. Patrick.
Mar 18, 2006, 11:37 PM
YOU GUYS who have already built your Airliners. How did you handle the 2mm discrepancy at the tailcone to fuse body joint. ?

I have got it level at the top and bottom, but the sides are a problem. I don't want to just whale away at the foam and disturb the plane of the surface, to say nothing about obliterating the door outlines.

Any advice would help. Thanks. Patrick.
Mar 19, 2006, 12:07 AM
Cool! It look so real, right?
Mar 19, 2006, 12:49 AM
Ming,

Yes they look real. You've done a fantastic job. Many orders? I put a couple of people onto you.

Patrick,

Sand away

I re-scribed (cut) the door recesses with my trusty Exacto knife. Almost as good as new.

BTW, your 303 looks great. Good to see I'm not the only glutten for punishment with difficult colour schemes.

I noticed you're a retired Aerospace engineer. Who with? Also, I didnt think you guys could actually spell engineer And a RAF pilot. Can you do a Chris Golds and give some old war stories with each post? I reckon that would be great.

Glenn
Mar 19, 2006, 11:45 PM
New Pilot
I can't believe I'm thinking of getting one of these things! It looks so great (especially in that Qantas livery), and the consensus seems to be that it flies nicely too. It must surely bring a smile to everyone's face on the slope~
Mar 20, 2006, 03:01 AM
Go on.

You know you want one..............
Mar 20, 2006, 04:24 AM
New Pilot
That $60 US shipping is hurting me. I know it's a big package, but it's almost one third the cost of the plane... Hmm...
Mar 20, 2006, 05:15 AM
Ming when will the Fox be ready