Jun 14, 2002, 08:27 PM
Thread OP

HVP Beaufighter - help wanted

I recently bought a Bristol Beaufighter kit produced by the Czech HVP Modell manufacturer and would like to hear from anyone who has any experience with this kit, or from anyone who has any opinion about the motor, battery, prop combinations suggested by HVP.

The figures are: Wingspan = 55"; Length = 37"; weight = 53-56.5 oz; Airfoil = Clark Y; motors = 2 SPEED 480; Batteries = 7x2000; Prop = Graupner 6x4 or 6.5x4; claimed flight duration = 8-12 minutes; ESC = JES 35 or equivalent.

Let me know what you think about all this.

Thanks.
to remove ads between posts
Jun 14, 2002, 09:02 PM
A review was done by EFI in their Feb., 2001 issue.

They used Multiplex Permax 450 turbos, 7x4 props and an 8 cell pack. AUW was 70 oz. for a 20 oz./sq.ft. wing load.
Jun 14, 2002, 10:56 PM
Takka-Takka-Takka
Hi

There was quite an active thread on the HVP Beaufighter when it was on special offer at Hoby Lobby last month.

Here it is

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...ht=beaufighter

If you are interested I also have a video clip of the EFI review model being flown by the editor at the Walsall fly-in last year. I believe he used a pair of Multiplex Permax 450 turbo motors on 8xCP1300s, not sure of the props but I could check. Like several others I rather fancied the Ramoser vario props for mine.

hth

Brian

I'll also move this to scale modelling where you will likely get more responses.
Jun 16, 2002, 06:05 PM
Thread OP
Thanks Brian. I did take a look at the thread you lead me to.

Could you (or anyone!) summarize the EFI review for me or send me a copy (scanned or whatever). I sure would appreciate it.

Quick Reply