.................Santa Barbara sloping................... - Page 51 - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Apr 09, 2007, 02:46 PM
Gravity sucks
Steve,

Put some of that in a jar and save it for us for Saturday!

Mike
to remove ads between posts
Apr 09, 2007, 03:51 PM
iWeasel
Steve, how about some Akro Weasel video??? Is it going up with you? Beautiful day today, have fun!
Apr 09, 2007, 04:57 PM
Piscine Promulgator
Headed up now... Akro Weasel will be in tow, along with the Voltij and Banana

Steve
Apr 09, 2007, 05:22 PM
Glory to God
It has been a very interesting wind day here in Goleta. wind started 10ish from the SE this morning around 10am, and is still going strong. It would be a great day for a Weasel on the bluffs at UCSB, not so good at Ellwood.

Ruins look like it could be good, based on the Paradise Rd reading of W25+! Hope it was clean for you Steve.

Matt
Apr 09, 2007, 08:39 PM
Fun ain't cheap!
Yup, Pretty good today.. nice to see Don and Steve pull some tricks. Don had the "NACKIEST" flat spin with his Bird....just pulled it off at ground +10. Whew, you guys are great pilots.
Andy
Apr 10, 2007, 01:04 AM
Piscine Promulgator
A lot of horizontal wind today, not so much up. But as always it was great to fly with Don and Andy.

Right when I was leaving about 6pm, Glenn showed up with a friend. The lift seemed to magically turn on right about then, oh well... I had baby formula and various sundries to pick up

Steve
Apr 11, 2007, 04:00 PM
Piscine Promulgator
It's rockin' like Dokken out there right now... headed up, finally got the ballast for my Banana built... yeeehar!

Steve
Apr 20, 2007, 11:25 AM
Glory to God
Today is the day to fly the Ruins in the snow, I bet it sticks on the north side for a bit!
Apr 20, 2007, 03:56 PM
Fun ain't cheap!
I flew yesterday with Glen from about 3:00 to 5:30. Lift was good at times, but it was bersekin' cold for this time of year. I'm still dialing in Prodij #2. It seems to want a little raise at the rear of the wing because it is ballooning a bit, and needs down trim. Seems simple, huh? With the Prodij, I'm having to remove and then reset the aileron ball link control horns, because even a 1/32" raise of the wing causes the internal pushrods to hit the top of the inside fueslage. Anyway, today looks like a good day to stay in the garage and fix some (of 7!) broken gliders.
Brrrrrr,
Andy
Apr 20, 2007, 08:08 PM
Piscine Promulgator
Anyone flying tomorrow (Saturday)? Might be some clearing winds...

Steve
Apr 20, 2007, 11:09 PM
Glory to God
I'm hopin, snow or not

Matt
Apr 20, 2007, 11:37 PM
Piscine Promulgator
It'snow problem, man!

Steve
Apr 21, 2007, 06:06 PM
Glory to God

Follow the leader with Turkey Vultures

Yikes! Did you go up yesterday for that, or find it somewhere?

Today is looking like IFR only at the Ruins. I flew the Alula at Carpenteria bluffs today and had a blast! Not that it takes a lot of lift for the Alula, but it was flying higher than any other plane I have seen on a bluff. Got to play follow the leader with a flock of Turkey Vultures for a while at the end, many

Wish I could blow up the picture, not sure how it will turn out here.
Apr 21, 2007, 09:42 PM
Piscine Promulgator
I took that picture last winter... there's more on SlopeAerobatics.com in the photos section.

Didn't fly today, but I did clean up the shop and pick up some parts for the Cartoon Soaring Scale Mustang... gonna get that bad boy finished up for the PSS Fest

Steve
Apr 24, 2007, 04:15 PM
Glory to God

coroplast

I have called around town a fair amount looking for a sheet of coroplast. Has anyone ever obtained this locally?

thanks, Matt