Aug 17, 2018, 03:36 PM
VTPR & Slope Aerobatics
Dang what a crowd! Nice
to remove ads between posts
Aug 17, 2018, 04:38 PM
What a FUN get together!! Good you had flyable conditions and the time to get together!!
Aug 15, 2019, 09:11 AM
VTPR & Slope Aerobatics
Some sad news - about a month ago, I was flying at Foxen Canyon up near Los Olivos and was contacted by the son of the property owners and politely asked to leave. I was given the phone number of the father and some hope that maybe I could get permission to fly there, but unfortunately, after placing the call I was informed that due to the constant trespass of the property by a wide variety of people, the parking on the pullout, the smoking (!!) and so forth, the owners had decided to bar access.

It's a real bummer as people have been flying that site for decades and I was under the understanding there was tacit permission to do so. I know these owners had been allowing a variety of uses on the property, including mountain bike races and similar, and it sounds like it all just got kind of overwhelming and they're pulling back. It's too bad.

The phone call ended very cordially and who knows, maybe things can change in the future, but I did tell him I would spread the word among local flyers, so I'm trying to do my bit. Both the father and son were very friendly and polite, and of course we need to respect their property rights and their privacy. But still a loss for the local flying community - there's really not a better spot to teach kids to fly slope.

Steve
Aug 15, 2019, 03:40 PM
Fun ain't cheap!
Quote:
Originally Posted by surfimp
Some sad news -

Steve
Well gosh darn it, I had a feeling that was going to be happening soon. I saw a lot of trash in the pull out about 6 weeks ago, like some people had been partying there.
Not much to say, but to honor those wishes, maybe they will see in the future that slope fliers haven't been the problem.

Andy
Aug 17, 2019, 09:33 AM
Sorry to hear about Foxen canyon. I also have sloped there in the past. Can't blame the owners, only takes a few morons to ruin it for everyone else.

Quick Reply