This thread is privately moderated by mnowell129, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Sep 06, 2008, 11:54 AM
are there any rtf gyrocopters out there other than the gyrohavoc?
to remove ads between posts
Sep 07, 2008, 08:05 PM
I'm not as bad as they say.
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by jettrooper02
are there any rtf gyrocopters out there other than the gyrohavoc?
Not that I know of.
I have a gyro-havoc and it doesn't fly that well. I feel like it needs an elevator with some down trim. Someone in one of the forums reported that this seems to make it fly much better. That would by my suggestion. It seems to have enough power to fly well, just way out of trim.
Latest blog entry: AIrcraft I've built.
Sep 27, 2008, 11:17 PM
Hi Mickey

More Gyro problems. As my rotors are spinning they are very prone to flexing down and wacking the tail boom. Closer observations have shown me that it is the plastic mast inside the Heli head flexing and allowing the rotor to flex 3 inchs and hit the boom. Is this normal or is there a fault in my construction? It is a normal 4Ch fixed pitch heli head off of a Night ranger 2.

Doug
Sep 28, 2008, 12:37 PM
Thread OP
You need the head stiffener. Send me a private message and we'll discuss it.
Nov 22, 2008, 07:33 PM
Time for another motto!
What would be an acceptable disk loading for a small autogyro? I did the unadvisable thing and made up my own design as I went along. The first try did not fly apart from a small hop with the rotor fully back. Now I've made some bigger and stiffer blades (I did not like the way the old ones flexed up). I've incresed the size from 70cm diameter to 84cm (33"). I suspect that this may be too much for a 4 blade weighing 300gram?
What will go wrong if my blades are too long? Will it spin up faster or slower and how will that affect flying?
Nov 25, 2008, 10:42 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by JelleB
What would be an acceptable disk loading for a small autogyro? I did the unadvisable thing and made up my own design as I went along. The first try did not fly apart from a small hop with the rotor fully back. Now I've made some bigger and stiffer blades (I did not like the way the old ones flexed up). I've incresed the size from 70cm diameter to 84cm (33"). I suspect that this may be too much for a 4 blade weighing 300gram?
What will go wrong if my blades are too long? Will it spin up faster or slower and how will that affect flying?
Disk loading sounds ok for 4 blades at 33". 3.75 to 5 ounces /sq foot is a good range. Too long a blade may be to flexible and fly erratically. Spin up depends on how heavy the blades are and how efficient the blade is, etc. Too many unknowns here.
Open a new thread with some pictures of your model to get some suggestions from others.
Dec 05, 2008, 06:48 PM
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=963609

Hi guys check this post of mine and i wold really apreciate if somebody tell me can it work when i finaly design it. Also i want to know what you think about that way of controling heli.
Tnx
Dec 09, 2008, 06:02 PM
me gyro me fly plane
Dec 11, 2008, 02:29 PM
Fishing Drone Fan
Hi There,

What you're asking, is the same as asking, "when I've cooked this food, will it taste good?" One will not know, till the job is done. All ideas have a chance at succeeding, all depends how well you can convert a theoretical idea into the exact practical example, without having to compromise. You are the one that will have to experiment with the mathematics, and determine if it will work. You will then have to turn it into a working example. Deciding if it will work, from just a rough drawing, that's not possible to do. Airplane flyers might say no, heli flyers might say maybe, UFO pilots might say yes.....??
May 19, 2009, 10:27 AM

Beginners question

Hi there.
I read this very interesting forum about auto gyros but I still have some (stupid ?) questions :
- Are there any advantages using a 2 / 3 / 4 blade rotor ?
- Did nobody try a 6 blade rotor / why ?
- there are description of selfmade blades using 3mm depron with 2mm CF support - do this blades have any profile (I could not figure out in text or pictures).

Thanks
Sven
May 31, 2009, 06:14 PM
Lets break some props :D
Last edited by joseico90; Jun 10, 2009 at 06:33 PM.
Jun 17, 2009, 01:49 AM
Woodsy
hello gents.
can some one point me at the plans/thread for the G3PO.

or is there an easier/better gyro for a rotor wing virgin
Jan 06, 2010, 01:59 PM
Thanks mnowell129 for the info really helped on finding out more info about Autogyros
Jan 25, 2010, 09:33 AM
is there any advantage n disadvantage in using a coaxial rotor setup? n can i made a dual coaxial rotor to compansate size to weight. meaning do i gain disc loading with this setup?

tia
fadhli

**most of the simple flying model for beginner to try are less than 10oz n i cant build one with that total auw. most of my build end up 17oz minimum. so i guess i have to modify the existing model.
Jan 25, 2010, 09:35 AM
is there any advantage n disadvantage in using a coaxial rotor setup? n can i made a dual coaxial rotor to compansate size to weight. meaning do i gain disc loading with this setup?

tia
fadhli

**most of the simple flying model for beginner to try are less than 10oz n i cant build one with that total auw. most of my build end up 17oz minimum. so i guess i have to modify the existing model.

Quick Reply