This thread is privately moderated by mnowell129, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Jan 27, 2010, 10:57 AM
Kaysee,

Good luck on your research and for incoming Wetland competition..

Gambar Slumberger upload tu gyro I ler tu.. Sorry..the blade was fabricated with balsa and basswood..not a heli one..
Last edited by shahrin; Jan 27, 2010 at 11:24 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Jan 27, 2010, 12:58 PM
thanks, so it is you with that corogyro. care to stop by the discussion to share some useful info? actually it is more because of interest in trying something new.

maybe we should take the chat via pm or pls do joint us there. so far there's only two that showing interest.

btw about my questions in my last post regarding the dual coaxial rotor on a gyro. is it gonna help in lowering the disc loading on my gyro n is there any effect that i should be aware of in using coaxial (two actually).
Jan 27, 2010, 09:57 PM
Designing a real flying autogyro is far more difficult than what we think of. It's always better to build and fly a proven models first and be familiar with the flight characteristic before attempting to design on your own.

Depron blades has lots of drag to counter on, unless you have really light AUW aircraft. I've tried it before and failed. I'm no good in aerodynamics part but do have strong believe in following those senior's advices in this forum..
Last edited by shahrin; Jan 27, 2010 at 10:09 PM.
Apr 21, 2010, 07:54 PM
winds light to variable
Thanks for the introduction to the black arts of autogyros, Mickey. Very helpful.

I'll see what plans or kits are available here in Australia so I can join in.
Apr 30, 2010, 11:01 PM
Mike Sharpe
I have flown helicopters when they first came out in 1969. Can I use some of my older fixed pitch rotor heads on a autogyro
May 01, 2010, 01:21 PM
I'm not as bad as they say.
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by divitdiger
I have flown helicopters when they first came out in 1969. Can I use some of my older fixed pitch rotor heads on a autogyro
Yes. You will want to go to much bigger blades than the helicopter it came off of.
Latest blog entry: AIrcraft I've built.
May 02, 2010, 03:12 PM
Mike Sharpe
Thanks Mnowell129 With a heli we set up with about 2.5 to 4 negative pitch for a autorotation .Do i need to set the rake of the main shaft back about the same as the pitch on a autogyro?
May 03, 2010, 07:29 AM
I'm not as bad as they say.
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by divitdiger
Thanks Mnowell129 With a heli we set up with about 2.5 to 4 negative pitch for a autorotation .Do i need to set the rake of the main shaft back about the same as the pitch on a autogyro?
I used 18°.
Latest blog entry: AIrcraft I've built.
Jun 27, 2010, 12:57 PM
Hello everyone! :-)
I'm new here, Bartek is my name and i'm from Poland :-)
Could You tell me what are main diffrences in calculations of "Pusher" and "puller" autogyro design???
Best regards
Bartek74
Sep 01, 2010, 03:34 PM

Sparky or Simple G plan

Hello everybody,

would somebody be so kind and send me a scan of Sparky or Simple G autogyro plan? I would buy it directly from website listed above, but shipping to my country makes the price 4 times more expensive
Thank you.
Aug 23, 2011, 02:25 PM
Be here now!
Hi!

Today, while driving my car, I was thinking a lot and now I have got a question:

Which are the differences between a nose/tail heavy aircraft and gyro?Do they have the same tendency?

Instead, speaking about the rotor, what does it change if I change its incidence?I can imagine I will have a faster or slower autogyro, but are there other things that will change?

Waiting for your answer guys!
Thanks a lot!
Sep 18, 2011, 07:30 PM
Rumbling, bumbling, stumbling
mnowell129,

I'm working on a gyro head and my blades weigh about 48 pounds at 600 rrpm. How do I calculate the grip strength needed?
Dec 08, 2011, 04:24 PM
thanks for information. great thread
Jan 09, 2012, 05:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ask21!
Hi!

Today, while driving my car, I was thinking a lot and now I have got a question:

Which are the differences between a nose/tail heavy aircraft and gyro?Do they have the same tendency?

Instead, speaking about the rotor, what does it change if I change its incidence?I can imagine I will have a faster or slower autogyro, but are there other things that will change?

Waiting for your answer guys!
Thanks a lot!
--------------------------------------------

The main thing you will notice if a gyro is 'tail heavy' is that you will run out of foreward stick to keep it flying level[if you are lucky enough to get it level]
And vice/versa for nose heavy[you will not be able to get the nose up enough to do a good landing--it is worse at low speed]

This is assuming you fly with the moveable part of the rotor head apx square to the fixed part at the bottom[which is apx the correct position to fly at--sometimes you trim it a bit one way or the other]
M
Last edited by minirotor; Jan 09, 2012 at 06:04 AM.
Mar 12, 2012, 03:38 PM

Book

Thanks for the post. It's a lot of information. Could you tell me if there is a book on autogiros-electric in particular.? I'm a newbie so I'm enjoying all the information I'm finding here. Thanks a lot.
Ken

Quick Reply