Jan 19, 2006, 06:33 PM
Thread OP
Gallery

Aero Ace

Ok guys I bought my Aero Ace today at target for 29.99. I tried to fly it but it was to windy . Are there any modifications that will make it fly to my expectations that dont take alot of effort. Thanks -ACE-
to remove ads between posts
Jan 19, 2006, 06:38 PM
FREEDOM IS NOT FREE!!
It's hard for us to know your expectations, but the AA exceeded mine by just charging and flying it. If you want mods check out the already existing threads for plenty of them.

Start here

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=401484

Then go to part 2

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=460819

Ron
Last edited by ronmar1; Jan 19, 2006 at 06:44 PM.
Jan 19, 2006, 08:39 PM
Honey, I got more planes!
I added all three of the little metal stickers to the nose of mine to balance it out better. It flies real nice with the lowest throttle setting.

Me and my son flew ours in about 10mph wind today. It was tough keeping it close and several times we had to make a 50 yard walk to get it down wind. They're great planes out of the box like Ron said, but many people have been tweaking them in many ways. Check the links out he posted and you will be overwhelmed, but interested no doubt.

Welcome to the addiction of the Aero Ace!
Jan 19, 2006, 09:02 PM
the aeroace is truly impossible not to modify there are endless mods for these things when you start to think that this thing cant be modded anymore suddenly 100's of new mods pop up lemme say this if you cant mod this thing someway to make it better or a way to look better then quit r/c cause even a mentally disabled kid could mod this thing some how to make it work really good.
Last edited by Darkdevil_725; Jan 19, 2006 at 10:13 PM. Reason: changed retarded to kinder use of words.
Jan 19, 2006, 10:19 PM
ace0nater,
I asked the exact same question, had the exact same problem a couple days ago. Wind was gusting up over 20mph, but i had some cover from my house and 6ft tall fence. Take it outside. Try it out. Find any problems? I'm sure there's a mod that helps. Then you hack it apart and try to make it a better flyer. (This is basically the same thing I was told... good thing, too.)
I've flown in a minimum wind of 7mph and it was a hoot in my little backyard.

Sponge
Jan 19, 2006, 10:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkdevil_725
the aeroace is truly impossible not to modify there are endless mods for these things when you start to think that this thing cant be modded anymore suddenly 100's of new mods pop up lemme say this if you cant mod this thing someway to make it better or a way to look better then quit r/c cause even a mentally disabled kid could mod this thing some how to make it work really good.

No offense dude, but you really have to start punctuating your sentences. Sentences are truly impossible not to modify, there are endless mods you can do to a sentence to make it easier to read. I mean if it's your way of writing, then so be it, but it would be easier to understand what the hell you're saying sometimes if you try it out.
Jan 20, 2006, 06:19 AM
i dont bother with punctuation unless special occasion like a test or something takes me to much time to get all the puctuation right.
Jan 20, 2006, 09:16 AM
Quote:
i dont bother with punctuation unless special occasion like a test or something takes me to much time to get all the puctuation right.
I tend to agree, but the more you do it, the more it comes naturally.. And it's a necessary thing as you get into college and stuff. I guess whatever suits you suits you though, I don't mean to tell you what to do. =]
Jan 20, 2006, 09:51 AM
Quote:

Being we aren't having a vocal conversation here, punctuation, spelling and grammar have a direct effect on the impression you give others. We cant "hear" the end of a sentence, nor any other inflection. It relates directly to others evaluation of your intelligence. Just a little advice, take it as you wish.

Len
Jan 20, 2006, 12:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lensrc
Being we aren't having a vocal conversation here, punctuation, spelling and grammar have a direct effect on the impression you give others. It relates directly to others evaluation of your intelligence.
Len
Darkdevil
In other words:

If we can't read your writing, 'cause it's wrote rotten . . . .

We tend to ignore what you have to say.
Don
Jan 20, 2006, 01:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by defranci
Darkdevil
In other words:

If we can't read your writing, 'cause it's wrote rotten . . . .

We tend to ignore what you have to say.
Don
We don't mean to be mean or anything, but when someone writes as if they're just taking a paint-can full of words and emptying it onto a piece of paper (in this case, a forum post), it's just too sloppy to even bother reading sometimes. I must admit that while I do find your thread about reynold's wrap planes to be a good one, I avoided it at first because you started it, and I didn't want to read what you wrote :x

Just start trying to slip in a period or a comma every now and then. It doesn't have to be perfect, but if you seperate your sentences, people will appreciate it =]
Jan 20, 2006, 01:43 PM
Honey, I got more planes!
I think this thread needs to be re-named. Maybe to Useless ?
Jan 20, 2006, 01:43 PM
anyone know any good replacement foam for the tail of this plane
Jan 20, 2006, 01:47 PM
Styrofoam plates are decent replacements for tails.
but since obviously everyone cares more about my grammar ill jsut leave the forums perminantly.
Jan 20, 2006, 01:55 PM
McDonalds foam packaging. Where it is still used. Like the Breakfast platters.
Dan

Quick Reply