Jan 18, 2006, 03:13 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

lousy customer service at world_hobby on ebay

Here is the thread, over 102 posts and unbelievable answers from world_hobby. You don't want to miss this, read before you bid on ebay.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...4&goto=newpost
to remove ads between posts
Jan 18, 2006, 05:40 PM
29 rods from you in western WI
While I'm always up for throwing gasoline on a fire, that mess has a different smell from all sides...
Jan 18, 2006, 07:55 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karl Bē
While I'm always up for throwing gasoline on a fire, that mess has a different smell from all sides...
I'm sorry, I don't understand. BTW I love throwing gasoline on a fire, LOL
Jan 18, 2006, 08:25 PM

The're all ##[email protected]@$** Morons

Why are all online hobby businesses complete 'in morons! Finally started doing e-businness just in the last 2 weeks, due to LHSs not getting what I want, after numerous attempts.
So Far:
2 companies did not have the products they showed in stock
1 confirmed my correct address, but sent the tracking confirmation a day later with the WRONG ADREESS. GET THE WITH IT GUYS! You're supposed to use the address from the order to download to the UPS label machine, not use a complete moron that CANNOT TYPE OR REVIEW THEIR LOUSY WORK, AFTER MISTYPING. Luckily I read the email today, and it is also obvious from the rant, that it just happened 5 minutes ago. No, I'm not one of those road ragers that screams at everybody, but I've just had it with incompetence.

Edit:
Man that was good Taekwondo! Just read your link and couldn't believe it! What a jerk that guy was. The first vendor to get a warning for a SERIOUS PERSONAL ATTACK! Unbelievable.
Ever see the commercial where the dissatisfied customer goes directly to the company, looking for the guy (David Spade) while talking to him on his cell phone, so he can identify him where he gets there.
I hope I don't get in trouble for this idea, but that would be hillarious if someone would post a video of something that that here, where the dissatisfied hobby customer actually goes directly to him, and....well, you get the idea......
Last edited by scratchandbash; Jan 18, 2006 at 08:34 PM.
Jan 19, 2006, 04:54 AM
Thread OP
That would not be a good idea because of my nick name TaeKwonDo. I teach martial arts, and if I really lost my temper, someone might get really hurt. If I lived in Australia and/or visited HK where this fellow is located, I might look him up. No, actually I've been to HK and it is now controlled by the chinese. They are quite strict, and it would not be a good thing to be arrested there. If you think you have protection because you are american, think again. Remember the movie Midnight Express. No this company has lousy customer relations and this is why I posted here. The more people that have exposure to this post, the more people learn about world hobby on ebay and hextronix and can avoid doing business with this fellow. That way, it hurts his bottom line. Although I agree completely with what you said, you should bear in mind he filed several complaints with the moderators with me for my post in an attempt to get me to stop speaking about him. He also had me banned from ebay so he will likely attack you now for your answering this post. I hope he doesn't for your sake.

Which e companies messed with you BTW?
Jan 19, 2006, 10:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by scratchandbash
Why are all online hobby businesses complete 'in morons! Finally started doing e-businness just in the last 2 weeks, due to LHSs not getting what I want, after numerous attempts.
So Far:
2 companies did not have the products they showed in stock
1 confirmed my correct address, but sent the tracking confirmation a day later with the WRONG ADREESS. GET THE WITH IT GUYS! You're supposed to use the address from the order to download to the UPS label machine, not use a complete moron that CANNOT TYPE OR REVIEW THEIR LOUSY WORK, AFTER MISTYPING. Luckily I read the email today, and it is also obvious from the rant, that it just happened 5 minutes ago. No, I'm not one of those road ragers that screams at everybody, but I've just had it with incompetence.

Edit:
Man that was good Taekwondo! Just read your link and couldn't believe it! What a jerk that guy was. The first vendor to get a warning for a SERIOUS PERSONAL ATTACK! Unbelievable.
Ever see the commercial where the dissatisfied customer goes directly to the company, looking for the guy (David Spade) while talking to him on his cell phone, so he can identify him where he gets there.
I hope I don't get in trouble for this idea, but that would be hillarious if someone would post a video of something that that here, where the dissatisfied hobby customer actually goes directly to him, and....well, you get the idea......
Its too bad people like this are still in business and I'm sorry about the trouble everyone has had, but not all are that way. This is a shameless plug for ALLeRC.com They are an excellant co! Great co service and shipping is the best I've ever had. I ordered from them yeasterday at around 1pm and my order will arrive today. Granted I live in the same state they are located but still..........tons of products, great prices and free shipping over $100.00 orders! Anyway, check em out..............
Jan 19, 2006, 11:04 AM
Oldie but goodie
Great service from 'Allerc', 'Todds Models', 'Aero Micro', 'Hobby Horse', 'Tower Hobbies'.

All of these vendors will bend over backwards for their customers to correct any "issues" that may arise with an order.

My ONLY complaint with any of them would be, that some sites do not use a real time inventory system. So you can purchase an item online, only to find it is out of stock a day or two later in an e-mail. I also try to avoid venders that use 3rd partys for order fullfilment, as this can add even more problems into the loop (and delays).
Jan 19, 2006, 11:39 AM

Whine

Give someone a bottle of whine, and a crying towl. If I had a hobby business online, I would sell him NOTHING. I've heard enough of his ranting. I hope no-one sells him a gun. One of the terms of the form needed to be filled out asks about mental problems. Though I've made suggestions, I haven't thrown asperagus (cast aspersions) at him.
There has been one change in this thread which should correct the problem which caused me to edit it.
Last edited by nut flyer; Jan 31, 2006 at 04:02 PM.
Jan 19, 2006, 12:54 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2MuchAir
Its too bad people like this are still in business and I'm sorry about the trouble everyone has had, but not all are that way. This is a shameless plug for ALLeRC.com They are an excellant co! Great co service and shipping is the best I've ever had. I ordered from them yeasterday at around 1pm and my order will arrive today. Granted I live in the same state they are located but still..........tons of products, great prices and free shipping over $100.00 orders! Anyway, check em out..............
I've shopped from allerc and have had good service. No problems there. Thanks.
Jan 19, 2006, 12:56 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Popsracer
Great service from 'Allerc', 'Todds Models', 'Aero Micro', 'Hobby Horse', 'Tower Hobbies'.

All of these vendors will bend over backwards for their customers to correct any "issues" that may arise with an order.

My ONLY complaint with any of them would be, that some sites do not use a real time inventory system. So you can purchase an item online, only to find it is out of stock a day or two later in an e-mail. I also try to avoid venders that use 3rd partys for order fullfilment, as this can add even more problems into the loop (and delays).
I've shopped with most of them and have had no problems with all. I never shopped with hobby horse, but excellent service from those you mention and hobbico, horizon tower, and others as well.
Jan 19, 2006, 12:59 PM
Thread OP
nut flyer:

I have a suggestion, you should shop at world_hobbies on ebay. The two of you are made for each other. You said "I've heard enough of his ranting."

No one is forcing you to read my posts.
Jan 19, 2006, 01:21 PM

I have.

I have shopped with them, and had good service. Will probably shop there again. Not only was the service good, but communication was also.
I get a good chuckle reading these posts from a vendor, and people who feel that a vendor has offended them.
Last edited by nut flyer; Jan 31, 2006 at 08:01 PM. Reason: I was told to edit.
Jan 19, 2006, 02:49 PM
Thread OP
You may indeed have issues. It may also be anthony himself since this fellow 'nut flyer' has a total of 61 posts. Is this good for world_hobby?
Jan 19, 2006, 03:03 PM
You sabotaged my plane.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nut flyer
Give taekwondo a bottle of whine, and a crying towl. If I had a hobby business online, I would sell him NOTHING. I've heard enough of his ranting. I hope no-one sells him a gun. One of the terms of the form needed to be filled out asks about mental problems. Though I've made suggestions, I haven't thrown asperagus (cast aspersions) at him.

I have been following this post. There is no way I would do business with a company like this. Stop to think about it. Would it be different if it were you? What if it was $50, $100 or more. I work hard for my money. I appericate info like this so I won't loose it.

taekwondo, sorry you got nailed. Your loss is our gain to not get ripped off by this company.

Jim
Jan 19, 2006, 03:20 PM
Thread OP
eliworm:

I believe this fellow nut flyer is Anthony from World_Hobbies. Too funny, he has no posts (61) and all of a sudden comes here to jump on this post and defend Anthony? And the same belligerent attitude? And the same insults? That I have mental problems? I don't think so, this is Anthony. He's the one with the ment** issues. If you want a real laugh, go look at the link I started it with, he has several more of his spouts which got edited by the forum moderators. But it was well worth my $30.00 which I wanted for 2 ESC's to prove to everyone that world_hobby is not a good company to do business with, rips people off and has lousy customer service and relations. Glad I could save you some money Jim.

Henry

Quick Reply