Jan 17, 2006, 06:48 PM
Member: GSPL
Thread OP
Discussion

Which "old school" planes would you like to see revived?

InTheLift noted that there was alot of old school ramblings going on in the ol' forum. Just wondering which old school planes you think would be cool to revive.

Or, if you will, who has an old schooler they want to show off?

Photos please

Wasp W-21 sled. Discussion at https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=466421

Jeff
to remove ads between posts
Jan 17, 2006, 06:53 PM
Fly low, fly fast
I wasn't around sloping during the "old school" but would like to see the (carbon bagged) Shrike from SkyKing make a re-appearance.
Jan 17, 2006, 07:02 PM
Vitruvian JART
Quicksilver!
Jan 17, 2006, 07:03 PM
I don't know that I want to really see any old school planes making a come back, though I do like CR Contenders. What I would like to see is more guys designing and building retro style slopers. Reed's Jart, Carl's Slopestream and Brian's Ultron come to mind.

I've got something retro in the works too... but it's probably going to take me 6 months to build, 'cause I'm easily distracted.

Pete
Jan 17, 2006, 07:12 PM
Still like the look and flying characteristics of the CR Raider.

ian
Jan 17, 2006, 07:36 PM
It could happen...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reed
Quicksilver!
Totally boss man! Ok, that's going a bit too far back language wise. Loved the Silohuette and the SOS series (thanks Joe Manor!) too. Fly by Night Models Shadow.
Jan 17, 2006, 07:36 PM
Spyder!!!!

can't wait for ed to start selling these.
Jan 17, 2006, 07:38 PM
Thread OP
When I first started flying slope there was a guy that flew an AR-1 at Bluff Park. At that time I thought this was such a sled.

Jeff
Jan 17, 2006, 07:39 PM
I still want to get a box stock CR Turbo S. Add some modern technology like a 5 cell pack, some fast digital servos, lighter receiver, and this plane would be a light air aerobatic feind.

Looks like I will be adding a CR composite Contender to the fleet real soon. Semi old school.

PN
Jan 17, 2006, 07:40 PM
It could happen...
Quote:
Originally Posted by sloperut
AR-1
aka Freedom?

Ridge Rat!

Who DIDN'T own one back then?!?
Jan 17, 2006, 07:43 PM
superfastglass!
I dont know who made it but the shadow
Jan 17, 2006, 07:48 PM
Thread OP
InTheLift, your right, I think it was aka the freedom.

Jeff
Jan 17, 2006, 08:05 PM
auto-tune remix
Some of you already took the words right out of my mouth..

Most of the CR High Performance line..Paul, do you need a set of plans?
A Contender, A Raider (got one..), Another Turbo FG, a Renegade (got both..)
The Climax Pro, etc..

Why hant anyone knocked off the Samurai? Seems like twist-wings are more popular now than ever.

Why hasnt someone done an Aquila? I'd love to get a nicely laser-cut kit.
Jan 17, 2006, 08:08 PM
It could happen...
Quote:
Originally Posted by b.record
I dont know who made it but the shadow
"Fly by Night Models"
Jan 17, 2006, 08:11 PM
I'd like to have another Sailplanes Intl "Axel" .That was my first real high performance sloper and I eventually damaged it beyond repair on Folsom Lakes Dyke 8

Steve

Quick Reply