Jan 17, 2006, 07:38 AM
Thread OP
Discussion

Problem with Video Out on my new Nikon 7900

Good Morning,
I have a question for people who have recently bought the Nikon 7900. I hooked mine up to the TV this morning to discover that the Video out to the TV shows up in black and white with wavy lines running up the screen, has anyone else encountered this problem. I'm not to happy about this as I'm 2 days pass the return date. Also the box I received it in had european plugs in it for the charger.
to remove ads between posts
Jan 17, 2006, 08:52 AM
Where did you buy the camera. I have one and it works fine.
Jan 17, 2006, 08:59 AM
Thread OP
I bought it from TriState Camera and Video out of NY, NY I hope they will exchange it as I would hate to have to send it off to Nikon for repair and have to wait a month or so to get it back.
Jan 17, 2006, 09:22 AM
HeliAP'er!
Try changing the video output format to NTSC (it should be an option in one of the menus when in playback mode) .... we on this side of the pond use PAL, and I for one have experienced the same symptoms as those you've described if I've used a camera set to NTSC on a PAL TV - it sounds like you've got the camera set to PAL (I guess it would be the default for a European model) on an NTSC TV.

I very much doubt it's a problem with the camera.

David
Jan 17, 2006, 10:05 AM
Thread OP
David,

Thanks for your response on my problem, that sounds like a logical fix on the camera. I have it in my car today at lunch I will see what the setting is on the camera. I think I will call TriState Camera to see why I receive a European
camera and powercord. I noticed some paperwork in the top of the box that was marked Switzerland.

Thanks Again for your time in this matter.

Kelly
Jan 17, 2006, 10:25 AM
Kelly,

You can change it. Just go to your Set Up menu, scroll to and select Interface then select Video Mode!

Matt
Jan 17, 2006, 12:39 PM
Thread OP
Matt & David

Thanks that was the problem, looks like I received A Eastern Europe camera. I called TriState camera they verified this and said that all the settings could be changed to make it usable in the US he said they imported a bunch from EU because they were discontined and selling like mad in the US. Should I be worried about this. I paid 343.00(TriState) for the camera and the next price from another source is 399.00.

Thanks

Kelly
Jan 17, 2006, 01:02 PM
HeliAP'er!
There's nothing to worry about really. If they're willing to send you the correct adaptors (or if you've got suitable conversion adaptors), then I'd just settle with it. It's saved you $50 after all

David
Jan 17, 2006, 01:44 PM
Thread OP
David

I have all the correct adaptors as I have bought 2 Nikon 3700's and they all use the same battery and charger. Thanks for your opinion I will keep the camera.

Kelly

Quick Reply