Old Jan 15, 2006, 07:17 PM
Find More Posts by randall1959
Suspended Account
Discussion

The helmet cam

Recently I put together a 420 line CCD security camera, a motorcycle helmet and a Mustek PVR A 1 and although it isn't great, it's still fun. If the plane is in close it does a pretty good job, but once it's out a ways it tends to pixelate and disappear. It's still much easier to keep the plane centered, once I get it aimed exactly right, than it is to use a hand held video camera. The camera is powered off an old 3 cell lipo I had and the mustek has it's own battery.
I'm not sure if a high def CCD camera would help or not and there also isn't any audio because I can't find an RCA compatible microphone to dub in the sound. I'll have to work on that one. I'll post a video as soon as it's done uploading to my putfile folder.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 15, 2006, 07:29 PM
Find More Posts by randall1959
Suspended Account
The video
http://media.putfile.com/Easy-Star-at-Rich-Hill