Hey, Jim, why don't you get a spelling checker for this forum? - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Jun 11, 2002, 12:13 AM
Balsa to the Wall

Hey, Jim, why don't you get a spelling checker for this forum?

I don't know about anyone else, but I sometimes get so wrapped up in trying to figure out what someone is trying to say that I forget what the thread is about. It's so easy to fat-finger these keys, and some of us(me included) aren't world-class spellers.

When I re-read this I had three errors to correct.

We need help...............
to remove ads between posts
Jun 11, 2002, 12:15 AM
Hey Chuck, we don't write the software, so it's not a feature we can just turn on.
That said, there are unsupported 'plugins' out there, although I find having to watch what I type makes me a better speller all around, don't you think?
..a
Jun 11, 2002, 12:26 AM
Balsa to the Wall
Andy,

yeah, but I wish that were true for everyone. Not everybody re-reads their posts and some just can't spell. Some posts are almost unreadable. It has nothing to do with intelligence. I have a nephew who has a Master's degree and is a highly successful homebuilder, but he can't write a four word sentence without misspelling at least one word.
This format isn't the best for checking your spelling/fat fingering either(I'm not complaining, just observing)

Regards,
Chuck
Jun 11, 2002, 06:50 AM
Most Exalted Windbag
It ain't free, but I've been using this for 10 years and love it.
It catches spelling errors across your entire computer.
I find having a spell checker teaches better spelling. How do you know if you've made a mistake otherwise?

http://www.spellcatcher.com/