Jan 06, 2006, 07:42 PM
Thread OP
Help!

Lightest Stevens Aero Micro Cap (1:12) so far? need input for an upcoming project.

Hi guys!

I´d like to know what the lightest setup in a Stevens Aeromodel Micro Cap has been so far, and what that setup consists of. I´d also aprecciate any input regarding the empty wheight of complete finished (covered) airframe without any of the electronics or drivesystem since that would provide a reasonable starting point for my "calculations".

I´ve been assigned a project by my buddy the hobbystore owner, to try and build a Stevens Aeromodels Micro Cap for indoor aerobatic flight (traditional aerobatics).
I´ve recently finished a Herr Fokker D.VII using Bluebird BMS 303 servos, an MZK Penta Rx, Mighty Midget 5gram brushless outrunner and Etec 2s 450SHP pack (heavy for this setup, but the wheight was neccessary for balancing purposes) at an AUW of 130grams. I´m pretty convinced that as long as I can get the Cap to balance, it could be built to an AUW of 120grams or thereabout using the same equipment, and at or just below 100grams using the same motor, but using Falcon Breeze block (plus one extra Falcon servo) instead of the MZK Rx and Bluebird servos and possibly a 2s Etec 250mAh pack.

I´m not planning on doing any serious lightening of the aiframe. Might use Carbon Fibre instead of pianowire for the landinggear, but that´s about it.

I´m really not asking to know whether the project itself is feasible or not, though such experiences/opinions will be happily aprecciated also. The project is pretty much decided on, and my backup plan if it fails is to use a Go Brushless GBv and BMS 303/MZK Penta for a more traditional setup so even if the project fails the kit will not go to waste.

The only real reason for failure that I can think of is if the plane will prove impossible to balance with such light equipment.

So..., whaddayathink?

Anders O
Last edited by Zeroaltitude; Jan 06, 2006 at 07:47 PM.
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply