Oct 17, 2006, 08:33 PM
Scorpio planes were made in the Czech Republic. I have 5 different ones and they have Czech instructions.

It could be the shop in Italy has some old stock. I got it from Hobby Lobby (who used to carry their planes) that they were out of business. Besides Hobby Lobby, New Creations used to carry them, but no more. I'm going to hang on to my planes as long as I can - they are classics now!

If I had to guess why, it would be due the increasing quality and low prices of the Chinese ARFs, but that is just a guess.
to remove ads between posts
Oct 17, 2006, 10:26 PM
Groundloop World Champion
SCORPIO IS an Italian company. The ARCs and ARFs are made in the Czech Republic for SCORPIO and sold under the SCORPIO company name. Thanks Punki for letting me know they are still in business !!

Old_dude
Oct 17, 2006, 10:58 PM
If anyone knows where they can be bought in this country, be sure to let us know. There is no way, I'm ordering them from Italy!!!!!
Oct 17, 2006, 11:00 PM
Hooper, full throttle!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptglass
If anyone knows where they can be bought in this country, be sure to let us know. There is no way, I'm ordering them from Italy!!!!!
What model are you looking for?

Tommy D
Oct 17, 2006, 11:48 PM
I would like to buy another Miss 2. I ripped the wing off mine after I installed a powerful bushless motor in it.
Oct 18, 2006, 12:30 AM
Master of the figure 9
New Creations still has a few Scorpio kits in stock - (scroll down)
http://www.newcreations-rc.com/Produ...e=I&catlevel=2

No Miss 2 though
Oct 18, 2006, 08:30 AM
Hooper, full throttle!
Keep an eye on E-Fay. More then one Miss 2's have gone through their recently.

I myself am looking for a Scorpio Miss Acro for a club member. Getting one for him would really make his day!

Tommy D
Oct 18, 2006, 09:44 AM
Got more toys than my kid
Wish I needed a new motor, because $37 for the 2208/34 is a NICE price!
As for the Blue Arrow receiver.....eeehhhh, it would be a bad idea to even give those away, as it will give you a bad reputation. Those things barely meet the quality of Toys-R-Us RC toys.

- Jim
Oct 18, 2006, 10:13 AM
PTGLASS,
We have a few of the original Miss 2 in stock. We will continue to carry a new version of Miss 2 by another supplier, but we do not have it yet. Here is a link for the Scorpio Miss 2. http://www.hobby-lobby.com/miss2.htm

Eric
Hobby Lobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptglass
I would like to buy another Miss 2. I ripped the wing off mine after I installed a powerful bushless motor in it.
Oct 18, 2006, 10:43 AM
Even though the Miss 2 shows up in the online catalogue, it does not show up anywhere else on the site - which the other planes do. No pricing either so maybe it is no longer produced, the reason HL dropped it ?
Oct 18, 2006, 10:51 AM
Overlapping messages, eh

I just looked at the HL link, looks good and the price is right !
Oct 18, 2006, 12:48 PM
I would avoid the Blue Arrow receivers like the plague, they are a bad idea idea unless you fly completely alone. I will probably also pass on the AXI Silver motor because I bought the Atlas Outrunner when it was the Crash sale & LOVE it, the Atlas comes WITH motor mount, prop adapter & all screws & hardware, with AXI you gotta buy that all seperate so not as good of a deal. All that being said, that price for an AXI is not bad but I would definitely check out the Atlas outrunner, they look an aweful lot like AXI anyway.

-Mike-

P.S. - The Atlas is working out Wonderfully in my $20 HL Pitts Biplane!
Oct 18, 2006, 01:39 PM
Hey,
Give my Sales Manager, Russell a phone call and he will take care of this for you. I'd tell you to contact me, but I'm leaving on Vacation in 2 days. Over all we have had good results with these receivers. Sorry you had a bad experience. We will take care of you.

Russell,
615-373-1444 ext 209
russell.kemp@hobby-lobby.com

Eric
615-373-1444 ext 202
eric.metzler@hobby-lobby.com

Eric
Hobby Lobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarrrEagle!
Here is my BA Rx experience.

Ordered 6 during last Crash... Of those FIVE were bad... FIVE OF SIX.

[Gump]That's all I got to say 'bout that. [Gump]
Oct 18, 2006, 07:56 PM
That'll hold until ...
You can add me to the BA RX unhappy list. No complaints on HL the product is marginal at best and I fly alone. I put one on one of my micro FPs as a diet plan. It gained the weight back faster than Opra. I bought it a couple crash sales ago. Price was very good. There is probably a use for it somewhere like running a camera from a seperate tx where it wouldn't be so bad to get a lot of extra unexpected pictures in the flight .

Steve
Oct 18, 2006, 08:21 PM
Well, now that you know ...
Mike, what prop and battery are you using with it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrebman
P.S. - The Atlas is working out Wonderfully in my $20 HL Pitts Biplane!

Quick Reply