Jan 02, 2006, 03:24 AM
Ozzie Express wiggy pilot
Thread OP
Discussion

Multiplex Easy Glider Electric

Anyone using this for A/P yet ??
Im going to get one and stuff in a decent brushless instead of the standard 400
depending how it goes perhaps try some flaps , to increase the angle on finals , and they might give more lift on climb out
to remove ads between posts
Jan 02, 2006, 03:30 AM
Pull out early!
Hey SOP!

I was thinking the exact same thing, for my axi 2808-24. Seems like it'd be better than the ezstar with more wing and all. My 2m aspire is soooo heavy.

Dave
Jan 02, 2006, 03:55 AM
Thread OP
SNAP Dave, Iv'e got the exact same motor
Jan 02, 2006, 04:35 AM
I'm big in Japan
I don't have the thread bookmarked, but I made one that was a couple pages long. I have most of the parts but am STILL not finished. I made a poor decision and believed Hitec when they said they'd have a drop-in replacement powerplant in November which they delayed to December and now January. Doh!!! If its not out mid-January I'm going with something else and finally get this bird in the air.

So far I have:
Multiplex EasyGlider Electric
Jeti Advance PLUS 40 w/ Program Card
FMA Copilot + 8-channel Receiver (w/ vertical sensor)
Pentax Optio S6
PRISM IR remote
ZLog Mod3 USB

Still need (was going to order together):
4x Hitec HS56HB servos
Servo extensions
Hitec BL-400/4D
GPC08045 Graupner 8x4.5 CAM Folding Prop
Thunder Power 2100 mah 2s Prolite series
Jan 02, 2006, 04:36 AM
Pull out early!
Yeah, it's the first brushless I ever bought, and has put in 100's of hours of full throttle climb and glide flying. Quiet, hasslefree, really my favorite, but my AP birds like 13-14" props.

Ducman- Sounds great. Do you have an AUW w/cam idea? I use the multiplex 480-4 motor in my 2m sailplane, but it needs 3s lipos.

Dave
Last edited by DiveBombDave; Jan 02, 2006 at 04:41 AM.
Jan 02, 2006, 05:01 AM
Thread OP
Yeah Ducky , dont wait , get it in the air , nothing worse than waiting for suppliers....
Where are U mounting the cam ?? Iv'e got a Nikon Coolpix 5mp to try , prob go in the cockpit

Ian
Jan 02, 2006, 05:02 AM
I'm big in Japan
Cockpit with a little hole and cockpit servos in the tail to help with weight balance and to make room.
Jan 09, 2006, 03:11 PM
Thread OP
I got one of each , the electric and the easy glider , I'm trying an Ultrafly A/30/24 on the supplied gearbox , If thats not enough I will try the latest ultrafly motor or a Hyperion I have
I also have a Hacker B20-L15 with gearbox comming from Aircraft World in Japan
I'd like to try something different to power the glider , and thats a long drive shaft , probly a ali arrow shaft , with the motor near the CG and the folder behind the rudder
this will certainly get the prop out of the way , and the extra tail weight will help with the camera up front....might have 2 fit a bearing in the middle if theres any whipping
anyway thats later , Ill get the "easy" electric flying first.
Jan 09, 2006, 03:35 PM
Kite flying SCRAPS member
Hi Just saw this thread, I have been looking at the Easy Glider for AP work but wondered about the prop in the way when forward facing the camera. maybe something like the GP power pod is an easy answer (actually there;s no such thing as easy in this game )

Dave
Sep 13, 2009, 02:50 PM
UH-1 Gunship, AH-1F jock 69-71

How did the stock Gearbox hold up???

Quote:
Originally Posted by SON OF PALEFACE
I got one of each , the electric and the easy glider , I'm trying an Ultrafly A/30/24 on the supplied gearbox , If thats not enough I will try the latest ultrafly motor or a Hyperion I have
I also have a Hacker B20-L15 with gearbox comming from Aircraft World in Japan
I'd like to try something different to power the glider , and thats a long drive shaft , probly a ali arrow shaft , with the motor near the CG and the folder behind the rudder
this will certainly get the prop out of the way , and the extra tail weight will help with the camera up front....might have 2 fit a bearing in the middle if theres any whipping
anyway thats later , Ill get the "easy" electric flying first.
I know this is an old thread ( almost 4 years old), but how did the stock Ez G E Gearbox hold up to a new brushless motors?? Did they self-distruct or give some decent flight life??

One of the guys at Hitec/MPX told me the stock gearbox is 3:1 ratio, so with a 3900kv brushless (similar to the stock 3500kv brushed), that will deliver about 1100kv - good for a 10in prop.

I'm planning on dropping in a Turnigy 2835-08 Inrunner (3900kv) with the stock gearbox. I've used these motors at 2200kv and 2700kv very successfully on Ez* planes in the existing engine pod.

Update 1/24/10 -
I've now got 18 hours of flight time on the stock gearbox, but using a 2700 kv Turnigy Inrunner instead of the 3900 I had planned. The stock gearbox is in perfect condition and working like a clock (I inspect it every 8 or so hours of flight time adn re-lube it with Silicone gear lube if needed (only once so far)). No problems so far with this gearbox and a brushless motor. knock on wood.

Thanks
Last edited by makeitworst; Jan 25, 2010 at 01:27 AM. Reason: Update

Quick Reply