Jun 06, 2002, 03:31 PM
Long-Time Member
Thread OP

In Germany — 1st Harsewinkel "Silent Power" E-Meeting

On Saturday, 22 June, in Harsewinkel about halfway between Cologne and Hannover, at the IKARUS Harsewinkel e.V. (Club) flying site, the first "Silent Power" eflight meeting will be held from 9:30 to 18:00 hours. The event is primarily sponsored by the Deutsche Modellflieger-Verband (the German Model Aviation Federation, the AMA equivalent here) and Simprop Electronic.

The notice I received outlines a show-type flying format with narration and not a free-for-all-dozens-of-planes-in-the-air-at-the-same-time event.

It looks interesting and has some important backing. I'd like to go, and if I can attend I'll provide some E Zone coverage.

Contact person for the event is Ludwig Retzbach at [email protected].

P.S. — As I understand it, the IKARUS Harsewinkel e.V. is no relation to the company Ikarus, maker of the tiny Piccolo eflight helicopter. Somebody please correct me if I have been misinformed.
Last edited by James Frolik; Jun 06, 2002 at 04:14 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Jun 21, 2002, 04:26 PM
It is now 23:20 local time - I'll pick Jim up at the train station in about 7 hours. I'll take my old trustworthy TJ, the Lift off xs, and the two novelties Aquila and Turn-On with me. Jürgen
P.S.: Apart from the Turn-On, all models are brushless powered, but the Turn-On will soon join in.
Jun 23, 2002, 10:12 AM
It was a really nice day. Jürgen

Quick Reply