Old Jan 01, 2006, 12:44 PM
Find More Posts by Wren1702
Now Wren 1701
Discussion

Heli Derect L/G on Honey Bee II FP?

Anybody ever install these on a FP heli? It says all Honey Bee's.....

http://www.helidirect.com/product_in...roducts_id=846
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 01, 2006, 01:12 PM
Find More Posts by gorn
Yes I have on my Walkera.
Go here and have a look https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=458803
Old Jan 01, 2006, 01:15 PM
Find More Posts by Mighty Mik
I ordered a set. They're on their way.
Old Jan 01, 2006, 07:03 PM
Find More Posts by Wren1702
Now Wren 1701
Thanks for the info!
Old Nov 18, 2007, 07:58 PM
Find More Posts by lextek
I just put a set on my HBFP. Makes mounting the lipo easy and they take a beating.
Old Dec 10, 2007, 03:39 PM
Find More Posts by billm555
Are they "super skids" brand or copies?

Bill
Old Dec 10, 2007, 04:34 PM
Find More Posts by Blade_Killer
innocent victim
makes the Honey Bee FP heavy and fly sluggish, good for beginning hover training tho.
Old Dec 10, 2007, 05:25 PM
Find More Posts by HyperHelis
Pilot Dragonfly
Quote:
Originally Posted by billm555
Are they "super skids" brand or copies?

Bill
Thats the cheap copies!
Old Dec 10, 2007, 07:02 PM
Find More Posts by Bull Rider
Who's a Drone?
I have the superskid version from Hobby Lobby. I took the tail boom supports off to save weight. I haven't been able to break them yet, so they must be pretty tough. They make mounting the LiPo easier to get the proper balance. Thanks.
Old Feb 22, 2009, 12:10 PM
Find More Posts by Bing44
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade_Killer
makes the Honey Bee FP heavy and fly sluggish, good for beginning hover training tho.
Do you know this from experience or what? I put the KingII skids and battery tray on my stock HBFP and it flew just fine plus I was using the NiMh battery pack, and it looks like this kit would be lighter. I am not going to buy this kit to compare though.

How many people here are flying with the Heli Direct Super Landing Gear?

USHobbySupply has this:

https://www.ushobbysupply.com/produ...ca77e0d7e5ab857

Includes a stock frame for a spare or whatever.
Last edited by Bing44; Feb 22, 2009 at 01:16 PM.
Old Feb 22, 2009, 04:48 PM
Find More Posts by Blade_Killer
innocent victim
Bling,
yes, I used the SSkids when I was learning, but as you get better, the heli will react better if you knock off the weight. I went back to stock but with my newest HBFP I also ordered the king2 battery tray/skids and I expect to get about the same performance as stock with my slomax/DD/M24s.
Old Feb 23, 2009, 12:17 AM
Find More Posts by ModeTwo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bing44
...How many people here are flying with the Heli Direct Super Landing Gear?...
I have this kit on two different HB's. Similar weight to the SuperSkids, maybe a tad lighter. They work just great and half the price. Doesn't make sense to spend $30 on skids for a $68 heli, IMO.
Old Feb 28, 2009, 04:35 PM
Find More Posts by GTX_SlotCar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bing44
... I put the KingII skids and battery tray on my stock HBFP and it flew just fine plus I was using the NiMh battery pack, and it looks like this kit would be lighter. ...USHobbySupply has this:

https://www.ushobbysupply.com/produ...ca77e0d7e5ab857

Includes a stock frame for a spare or whatever.
The SuperSkids3D kit from US Hobby Supply is lighter than the KingII skids/battery tray combo you have. All SuperSkids kits are lighter than the ones that helidirect is selling (which are actually flyingsports brand). There is a difference in price, but there's also a huge difference in the quality and engineering. This is important to some, but not to others.
There is a review here on RCGroups with videos and you can determine for yourself if they hurt the heli's performance. There are also several on the Super-skids.com web site.
For what it's worth, SuperSkids® and SuperSkids Landing Gear® are both registered trademarks of SuperSkids, LLC. and superlandinggear.com also belongs to SuperSkids, LLC. as a ™.