Sep 18, 2006, 12:35 AM
Isaiah 40:31
Hey guys - I was just wondering if the Humminbird head stiffener will work for the Honeybee FP. If not, what will? Helihobby sells the below stiffener, and I was thinking of recommending it to a friend of mine who is picking up a HB FP.

Thanks & God bless - "Rare"
to remove ads between posts
Sep 18, 2006, 07:30 AM
Rare, if the center-to-center hole distance is the same, it should work. I measured 36mm on mine.

-Chris
Sep 18, 2006, 11:47 AM
I still can't get my HB to hover more than 1ft off the ground, even on a full charge (see previous post). Nothing's changed except for the JST on the battery, but the soldering should be good and the lipo had the same results. What could be going wrong?
Sep 18, 2006, 01:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpatton
I still can't get my HB to hover more than 1ft off the ground, even on a full charge (see previous post). Nothing's changed except for the JST on the battery, but the soldering should be good and the lipo had the same results. What could be going wrong?
Possible motor failure? My motor went out the first month I had the Heli, would not get up off of the ground. The next month, nimh batteries failed. I am not sure how to check the motor to be sure, but this would be my best guess.

Brian
Sep 18, 2006, 01:34 PM
Maybe measuring the current going to the motor at WOT? That would at least let me see if the problem is happening at the motor or before, I think. Anyone know what the typical numbers are?
Sep 18, 2006, 01:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by raynet11
Yep the super landing gear are the bomb, there isn't to much else that I'm going to do with mine, I have the super gear and heat sinks for the motors and LiPO's, the tail motor last for months on mine so I havn't considered the dual tail motor mod yet like but I am going to order one for my CP2 (going through 1 every two months). I also found that she will fly better using the black GWS blades rather then the stock Esky blades, they seem be thicker palstic, less wobble outdoors, indoors it doesn't make to much of a diff.

cheers,
Ray
Hi:

Where can you find parts and upgrade parts for the Honey Bee FP2? Also, Is it possible to put a Brushless Motor on it? Can you use 11.1V Lipo on this heli or just the 7.4V lipo? Thanks
Sep 18, 2006, 02:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by byhsu
Hi:

Where can you find parts and upgrade parts for the Honey Bee FP2? Also, Is it possible to put a Brushless Motor on it? Can you use 11.1V Lipo on this heli or just the 7.4V lipo? Thanks
www.helidirect.com
www.bphobbies.com

There are several posts within this thread dealing with brushless setups. You might try running a search of 'justplanechris' posts as he did a brushless setup in the beginning and then returned to a stock setup.

Mine flies fine on a 7.4v lipo. 11.1v may require a dual motor setup on the tail, again this has been hashed out in this thread.

Brian
Sep 18, 2006, 02:33 PM
with all this talk about how good the fp2 flies with a single tail motor and 2s lipos, i decided to switch back to a single tail motor (had been running dual tail motors since new). i also made some changes with wiring and such to loose 5g of dead weight.

i did pickup about 1 - 1.5 min on my flight times using a 720 and 910 2s. however, the heli lost alot of tail authority. i could barely get it to do a piro to the right. i left one of two tail motors that i have been flying with for awhile using both 2s and 3s battery, so i'm wondering if this tail motor is weak.

question for you all running a single tail motor with a 2s lipo. will your heli piro to the right at the same rate that it piro's to the left?
Sep 18, 2006, 02:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ktm520
question for you all running a single tail motor with a 2s lipo. will your heli piro to the right at the same rate that it piro's to the left?
It might not be quite as fast to the right, but it's certainly quick. Probably 1 revolution per second at least. Sounds like you might have a weak tail motor, or have the gyro gain set too high?

-Chris
Sep 18, 2006, 02:59 PM
thanks chris. good point on the gain. i was actually suprised that i didn't have to adjust the mixer or the gain and it flew very well. currently, it takes about 2 - 2.5 sec per revolution
Sep 18, 2006, 03:37 PM
It's been a while since I've flown mine with the stock gyro, but I don't remember it being that slow. Recently I've been using a GWS PG-03 on my FP. I've got the gain set really low for maximum manueverability, at the expense of having to fly the nose all the time. It's good practice.

I just ordered some MOSFETs to replace a burned one on my old 3-in-1 board so I'll be putting everything back to stock on both of my 'Bees (even my on my CP2). I'm tired of tinkering with the brushless this, modified that, .... I just want to fly! And fly they do, with all stock stuff.

-Chris
Sep 18, 2006, 04:03 PM
I'm selling my Blade FP package. It includes a brushless main motor, brushless main ESC, and everything short of a transmitter and receiver. $140 plus shipping.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=280029434891
Last edited by infinitum; Sep 18, 2006 at 04:45 PM.
Sep 18, 2006, 04:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ktm520
thanks chris. good point on the gain. i was actually suprised that i didn't have to adjust the mixer or the gain and it flew very well. currently, it takes about 2 - 2.5 sec per revolution
I'll see if I can get a short video of my HB right piros on an old (about 6months) single tailmotor on 2s lipos. It is pretty darn fast, but not as fast as left piros.
Flynfrfun
Sep 18, 2006, 04:39 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/Squarepusher-Ho...1QQcmdZViewItem
Better check that link!
Sep 18, 2006, 04:43 PM
Think you got the wrong link there, infinitum.

Resoldered the battery connection back to the stock JST, still having problems so I don't think it's that battery. The helicopter was working fine the last time it flew, didn't notice any signs of it dying down...still can't fly more than a foot or two off the ground for very long. Would something like the main motor going have more obvious signs? I wouldn't think it would just quit like this..

Quick Reply