Dec 29, 2005, 03:34 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

Blade CX transmitter for FMS

Hey guys, ive finally got a crap-o Tx to try and use with fms again. Problem is there arent any trainer ports on this thing to connect with. Ive sucessfully used ppjoy in the past with an old gws 4ch Tx, but that had an audio cable type port.

Has anyone seen the insides to this transmitter to know how to wire up a standard headphone type audio jack to use with ppjoy on FMS? Im not an electronics guy so i wouldnt know where to start. I do have soldering skills and a curious tinkering spirit! I just cant see spending 50 bucks on a cable for my optic 6 just to screw around in fms with. Especially since i now have this tx which, pretty soon, will just be gathering dust.

Thanks for any advice or direction.
to remove ads between posts
Jan 01, 2006, 09:07 AM
Thread OP

Pictures

Ok since i got zero replies i thought i would add some pictures. Maybe someone will have a direction for me to go to figure out what points are the outputs for the sticks. I have sucessfully used ppjoy with a gws tx and an audio cable like the picture.

Thanks for any help
Aug 13, 2006, 06:56 AM
Thread OP
ok its been awhile since i posted this and maybe by now someone else has had the same idea?
Aug 13, 2006, 11:58 AM
I have no knowledge of this specific Tx.
If you have patience, and know how to use an ocsilloscope (or winscope) - you might look for the PPM signal which is very distinctive: One very long pulse followed by N short pulses (N is the number of channels) of about 1mS as in the example.
Once you found it, solder one wire to this point and one to the ground.
On the other side, solder the wire to your Stereo (or mono) connector.
Please use the JR scheme in this page.
Oct 12, 2008, 03:37 PM
I have this exact TX and I have made it work with HeliSimRC. The cable belongs to the pins you can see at the right bottom - 5 pins. Pin 5 (rightmost) is GND and Pin 3 is the signal to connect to the Microphone input.
Photos here:
http://www.preflightsim.com/bcxchmod.HTM
But I did it cooler (sorry for boasting), I am using the controller to the PC wirelessly. In my country, we have the 35 MHz band for flying models, so I have calculated the 3rd harmonic and tuned it on my MP3 player radio and connected that to the PC. I have installed these pieces of software:
PPJoy
SmartPropoPlus
HeliSimRC (put your favorite here, they say it works with FMS)
The calculation for the FM frequency is as follows:
35.18 x 3 = 107.54
where 35.18 (MHz) is the TX crystal, 3 is a whole number (may be 1.5 in dire need) and the result is the FM frequency you select on your digital player. The volume is not critical, I am setting it slightly more than what I listen to.
Tip: If your country only has 72 MHz crystals, buy a 36 MHz crystal in parts shop and use 108 MHz for reception. Although heavily off-band, it should work one meter from your PC. Also you will have to thicken its leads, generic crystals have much thinner wires than RC hobby crystals.
This way, not only you don't need to modify any hardware, but the operation of such simulator is so much better than with cables!
Last edited by ZdenekJindra; Oct 12, 2008 at 03:48 PM.

Quick Reply